Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

I'm at a Doomsday scenario right now. I'm at a function hall for a graduation party. I'm a little hungover and as happens I have hangover shits all day. However this hall has one, solitary, co-Ed bathroom. So if I go in there and do what I need to do, a line could start, a grandma could use it after me, it just won't end well. If it was a regular men's bathroom no problem. But thus my dilemma. I will hold it.

I'm at a Doomsday scenario right now. I'm at a function hall for a graduation party. I'm a little hungover and as happens I have hangover shits all day. However this hall has one, solitary, co-Ed bathroom. So if I go in there and do what I need to do, a line could start, a grandma could use it after me, it just won't end well. If it was a regular men's bathroom no problem. But thus my dilemma. I will hold it.

You sir, have a problem :lol:

People are expecting way too much from Bourne. Remember, this type of reboots usually opens with the same as the first movie of the franchise. Bourne Identity opened with 28M. It may not be 1st place (it is definitly beating TDKR, tho).

I know I am expecting too much. I really need it to be a success. Otherwise it would just ruin things.
  • Like 1

That's a doo-sie of a problem. Forgive the pun :lol:
  • Like 2

You should do this to feel better.

Posted Image

Legacy isn't even a reboot though it faces a key problem to actual reboots. Convincing audiences to get into the new leads.

I think that's the only problem. How much of a problem it will be is anyone's guess right now. On the one hand Renner's popularity is rising and by most accounts the movie is really good. On the other hand people have grown to love Jason Bourne/Matt Damon. Some won't watch because of this.

great for Batman, it will not reach the high expectations but it will make $450 wich is great considering it will be the third highest grossing movie in the franchise and also the shooting has a negative effect on it's first weeks (the most importants), it should play incredible well at DVD/BLUERAY

At the Regal Union in NY, Total Recall has 0 sellouts so far. TDKR has sold out 4 of the past 5 showings and will continue to do well there for the rest of the night. Would be great to see TDKR go for 15m today!

That's how it was last night for the most part. TR had 2 and TDKR had all evening sold out.

just saw tr not bad not great. entertainedme but i liked battleship better.

It's really a shame about TR sucking, because early trailers looked OKAY at least, and the original was (by today's standards) a pretty imaginative, legit sci-fi flick. There really aren't too many like that nowadays, and I had slight hopes that TR could fill the District 9/PotA role.But I'm not surprised it blows.

great for Batman, it will not reach the high expectations but it will make $450 wich is great considering it will be the third highest grossing movie in the franchise and also the shooting has a negative effect on it's first weeks (the most importants), it should play incredible well at DVD/BLUERAY

Third highest? I believe that would make it second highest. Plus it could make first highest worldwide.