Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

TDKR is keeping the film IMAX screens like Lincoln Square until October or November. Digital IMAX will go to Resident Evil in mid-September.

Oh nice, that's awesome. I definitely want to head back to the city and see it on real IMAX one more time before it's over.

This thread has slowed down considerably. This is probably an indication that everyone excepts wht number it will fall at, that it has been well recieved and it's box office is performing well. I don't see any other movie creating this much discussion over a movie until the hobbit

I only watched half of it on DVD before giving up. I think my problem was I never felt like I was watching John 'curse like a trooper every 5 minutes' McClain.

I didn't grow up on the Die Hard movies so it wasn't a big deal for me. Although I didn't understand why they couldn't include the whole of his famous "motherfucker" line. Pg-13 movies can have one or two.

People are expecting way too much from Bourne. Remember, this type of reboots usually opens with the same as the first movie of the franchise. Bourne Identity opened with 28M. It may not be 1st place (it is definitly beating TDKR, tho).

THE BOURNE LEGACY is tracking well with guys. We'll see.

THE BOURNE LEGACY is tracking well with guys. We'll see.

Guys don't make box office hits by themselves. They are not like woman. Edited by CJohn

I don't have the time of day atm very rough, should be able to post something later, but TDKR sat seems to be on track for reasonable increase Sat think low end could be around 14, TR something like BS so 9.5-9.8

Edited by Rth
  • Like 3

I don't have the time of day atm very rough, should be able to post something later, but TDKR sat seems to be on track for reasonable increase Sat think low end could be around 14, TR something like BS so 9.5-9.8

So TDKR's looking at around 15M. That would be great. :)