Totem

Favourite Harry Potter Soundtrack

If I were to rank them:1. Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Courtyard Apocalypse, Statues, Resurrection Stone, Lily's Theme, Panic Inside Hogwarts, The Tunnel, Procession)2. Sorcerer's Stone (The Mirror of Erised, Hedwig's Theme, Leaving Hogwarts, Entry into the Great Hall and Banquet)3. Prisoner of Azkaban (A Window to the Past, Buckbeak's Flight, Finale, Mischief Managed)4. Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Obliviate, Godric's Hollow Graveyard, Snape to Malfoy Manor, Harry & Ginny, Ron Leaves, Farewell to Dobby)

Edited by Noctis

OoTP was a monstrosity on an epic scale. I can't believe Yates had the audacity to bring Hooper in.

Yeah, it was terrible

DH2 (Excellent narrative structure)

POA (Really wish some of the themes introduced here were used in later films, namely Window to the Past)

DH1/GOF (GOF as a stand alone might rank higher for me than POA, but lower within the series)

SS (Nostalgia)

HBP (So much potential here...)

COS (Somewhat recycled SS)

OOTP (A couple of tracks are enjoyable, but overall this was a fail)

Hooper improved enormously from OoTP to HBP, but still not nearly good enough. I think what kills me the most is that the reason Dumbledore's death isn't as emotional as it should be is not because of the way it was filmed, but because the score was so boring.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. DH2 6th in the franchise?

Yeh, it's a great soundtrack but DH1 definitely offered me more and was more memorable, PS/GOF/POA/COS are on their own level.

DH1 more memorable, really? I'm a big fan of DH1's soundtrack, but DH2 is on a whole different level. Courtyard Apocalypse, Statues, Resurrection Stone (the last minute is heartbreaking when we hear the piano)...you're messed up, Totem.

Maybe it is a compliment to the film that in my 5 or so showings of DH2 I never really stopped and thought wow that is an amazing soundtrack. I was to captivated by what was on the screen to notice.I did love the this scene, the music worked perfectly with it.

That is the only time I went wow, amazing. Edited by Totem

DH1's title sequence comes after Obliviate though, it's accompanied by Snape to Malfoy Manor which introduces the Death Eater's theme. However, I agree that the Obliviate sequence is arguably the best opening scene.

DH1's title sequence comes after Obliviate though, it's accompanied by Snape to Malfoy Manor which introduces the Death Eater's theme. However, I agree that the Obliviate sequence is arguably the best opening scene.

Snape/Malfoy Manor could be my favourite seen in the whole series.