CJohn

Weekend Estimates pg 14: EX2: 13.5(-52.5%) Bourne 9.5 (.44%), no opener in top 5

I think some of y'all failed to take into account the fact that it got hit pretty hard in theater count loss this weekend. It needs about $6.6m for a 40% drop, which I think is solid considering the theater loss.

I did mention that somewhere in the last page I think, but I'm still trying to see if it can get to 450m. A 40% drop would all but rule it out. 7m is what it needs roughly to stay in the game. But in the end, a sub 40% drop is nothing to sneeze at.As Fake mentioned, TDK pulled a 49.6% jump on Saturday, despite never having a Saturday jump in the 40s prior. That's weird. So I suppose there's still plenty of hope. Edited by MrPink

So SPARKLE completely crumbled and disappeared out of the top twelve???So much for Whitney Houston being a "much bigger overall superstar and box office draw than Meryl Streep."

And i suppose by that logic jeremy renner is a bigger superstar than shwarzenegger, stallone, willis, van damme, norris, li, etc combined. The movie sparkle didnt connect, its a different genre then hope springs, i doubt anyone else in whitney's supportin role would have made a big difference. In fact whitney was the cause that even made any money. When u combine music and movies and overall superstardom its no contest whitney wins. Any big star has movies that have grossed much less than sparkle. Btw its at no.11. Edited by wboxoffice

I did mention that somewhere in the last page I think, but I'm still trying to see if it can get to 450m. A 40% drop would all but rule it out. 7m is what it needs roughly to stay in the game. But in the end, a sub 40% drop is nothing to sneeze at.As Fake mentioned, TDK pulled a 49.6% jump on Saturday, despite never having a Saturday jump in the 40s prior. That's weird. So I suppose there's still plenty of hope.

I think 450 was gone awhile ago. Target right now is beating Shrek 2, which is very possible.

I think 450 was gone awhile ago. Target right now is beating Shrek 2, which is very possible.

If it mirrored TDK's drops, it'd get there. No easy task, but still alive if it drops near the mid 30s range this weekend. Passing Shrek 2 shouldn't be a problem, I don't think. Edited by MrPink

if TDKR's domestic record can beat Shrek 2,that means it must pass 441,226,247,

between 441226247 and 450000000-- is that kind of difficult to grab 8.7 million dollars ?

Edited by rickfox

How much will Indy's re-release hurt TDKR's legs?

It will hurt some I'm sure, but I think a lot of film IMAX's are retaining TDKR, and that's where I have to imagine where TDKR is making most of its business. The digital IMAX's were going to switch over to Resident Evil the following week anyway

if TDKR's domestic record can beat Shrek 2,that means it must pass 441,226,247,

between 441226247 and 450000000-- is that kind of difficult to grab 8.7 million dollars ?

I expect TDKR to gross $430M after labor day Monday.

I'm trying to understand how a 37% drop is bad when it lost 17.5% of its theaters this weekend...

Are you implying a bigger drop or that it's just not that bad? I'm rooting for the best here and I tend to be optimistic.