CJohn

Weekend Estimates pg 14: EX2: 13.5(-52.5%) Bourne 9.5 (.44%), no opener in top 5

• Founder / Operator

Doing some research, it looks like this weekend could be on pace to rank among the least-attended "summer" weekends in modern history (circa 1983).

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

Wow! Talking about TE2 dying a miserable death at the BO...Why such a disastrous decline? On top of the first weekend being a flop by itself...

It's like this post was talking about Total Recall.

Expendables is still looking at some good increases over seas it's not dead yet. NA is jusr one market and if it does stall out at 80 mill thats 80% of the first one. Not great but not terrible.

• Founder / Operator

Wow. Thats really sad Shawn. It just doesnt serm like a lot of people want to go to the movies.

Had a typo in the original post so I fixed that, but you're spot on... there's just no interest in going to theaters right now for a lot of people.

well I just contribute my $8 bucks for the weekend, went and saw ParanormanNO ONE CAN BLAME ME NOW

Paid 17 to see TDKR today.Man, for a noon showing (IMAX though), that's a lot of money to pay. I would like to see a matinee discount for IMAX showings. Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

17 bucks? Man I got it cheap, I saw Batman in Real Imax last week for $12.00 bucks

Yeah, Houston only has one legit IMAX in the area with one of the top 5 populations in the US, so they know they can probably get away with it.In Omaha where I used to live, I remember seeing Inception for 12.50. Certainly miss that.

Doing some research, it looks like this weekend could be on pace to rank among the least-attended "summer" weekends in modern history (circa 1983).

Damn. But when you look at what's out there right now it's not that surprising. I think appeal is playing the biggest part in the decline right now.

New movies are not appealing, and there are not really any strong holdhovers. No appealing movies = weak box office.