Impact

How Long Have You Been Following the Box Office?

The earliest I remember is following the weekend boxoffice chart on Yahoo Movies. I started doing it around 2001 thanks to Potter. Fellowship of the Ring also I very clearly remember because it was surprising that it ended so close to Potter with different legs.

15 minutes ago, tommywiseau said:

I probably started following box office news around The Dark Knight's run. But I didn't become a full box office nerd probably until Avatar's run.

Ohmygod! This may seem awkward, but are you the same Tommy Wiseau from... late 2014 I think it was??

edit: wait... maybe that was JOHNNY Wiseau 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ohmygod! This may seem awkward, but are you the same Tommy Wiseau from... late 2014 I think it was??

Nah i literally just joined today! But i've been lurking here on the forums for years now.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I literally had the exact same thought and got so excited for about 15 seconds before I went and checked an old pm between me and him and realized his name was Johnny.

And Welcome to the forum @tommywiseau

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I literally had the exact same thought and got so excited for about 15 seconds before I went and checked an old pm between me and him and realized his name was Johnny.

And Welcome to the forum @tommywiseau

I always try and disappoint a different person everyday...

but glad I finally joined the forums!

49 minutes ago, tommywiseau said:

I probably started following box office news around The Dark Knight's run. But I didn't become a full box office nerd probably until Avatar's run.

nice to meet you man! Welcome to the forums!

Me and @Ethan Hunt and @WrathOfHan are the younguns here if you've ever come across us*. @Telemachos is the forum Yoda, @CJohn was the highlight of Friday and so on and so on. Either you've already got the gist of it or you will pretty soon :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

nice to meet you man! Welcome to the forums!

Me and @Ethan Hunt and @WrathOfHan are the younguns here if you've ever come across us*. @Telemachos is the forum Yoda, @CJohn was the highlight of Friday and so on and so on. Either you've already got the gist of it or you will pretty soon :)

Yeah thanks man! I've been here quite a while so I do have an idea of how things run around here. Friday night was a moment to behold for sure!

• Like 1

I read about the numbers in newspapers since 2008 or something and lurked here since Frozen's run in 2013.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

I feel so blessed to have been alive, and fully able to appreciate, Titanic's run when it happened. All of you youngins don't even know what you missed.

At least there is Frozen's Japan run for me.

• Like 1