Impact

How Long Have You Been Following the Box Office?

Turned 19 in late September. ;)

When's your birthday? Mine's the 18th. I bet I'm like, one week older than you.

I joined BOM with DMC's run, but I had actually kept an eye on the box office since Harry Potter's record opening, if you can believe it.

Edited by Sims

in 2004 when hidalgo was released, i was 13. not sure why i was so fixated on hidalgo's box office  :P guess i thought it was gonna be big

Well, it Looked solid...Joe Johnston...always reliable to make it look decent and not deliver...Unless its called Rocketeer...you back off that movie was awesome!
  • Like 2

Spider-Man 3 eh? That was an impressive weekend (until you saw the movie).

nope, Pirates 3 weekend. One week before AWE OW I randomly rented the first Pirates and sundely became a Pirates crazy, two days after I watched DMC, It was a magical moment for me and I still have it in my top 5 of all time, then I saw AWE poster on my cinemas friday night, I went nuts...

Well a fault that comes from knowing so much about the box office is...whenever you hear someone that does not know about it start making a joke about something like "It made 500 million" or something like that you want to correct them :P

well my first foray into tracking was the first Lord of the Rings film.  I gradually got into it more and more after that.

so from summer 2001 (ok this is USA Winter  :rolleyes: ) (about a year after i'd left university) and yes i'm older than you impact :ph34r:  :rolleyes:  :D

Edited by Jajang

I remember checking weekend box-office totals in the newspaper as far back as 1993/1994.  

The earliest movie I remember actively tracking was Apollo 13 in 1995.  

1997, I believe, was the year I really started closely following box-office performances.  I vividly recall the hysteria on the box-office forum I went to around Titanic's amazing run.

Edited by lilmac

Like Lilmac I remember following movies weekend grosses in the paper for a while there in the 80s and 90s. I remember following JP's grosses but not on a daily basis. Same with Titanic. I paid attention to the weekend numbers because of how it just kept going and going. It wasn't until TPM that I really got into following movies on a day to day basis; which makes sence considering how big a SW fan I am, LOL.

Officially began following box office numbers the weekend The Lost World: Jurassic Park opened close to the end of my sophomore year of high school. I've been reading Box Office Guru's weekend articles ever since he started that same year. I'm so fucking old lol.

• Like 1