Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

Oh crap. I just realized that I left Disclosure off of my top 100 list. That's a bad omission. Doh!!

It's been quite some time, but I recall Demi Moore being smokin' hot in that movie, and I'm not usually that attracted to her.

--Will TDKR and TA make it to the list? If so, which one will be higher? Will fanboys kill each other over this list?--Will a single Harry Potter movie make it in, or will Noctis forever kick himself for forgetting to make a list?

Fanboys will always kill each other regardless. In other words if Avengers is above TDKR I'm going to bed. Fuck this thread! lol.I haven't seen any Harry Potter movie.
  • Like 1

50. Alien

Ridley Scott, 1979

"Micro changes in air density, my ass."

Nominated for 2 Oscars, won 1

433 points

Synopsis: A mining ship, investigating a suspected SOS, lands on a distant planet. The crew discovers some strange creatures and investigates.

Trivia: The film was lagging behind Aliens until the very last list tabulated.

49. The Truman Show

Peter Weir, 1998

"It isn't always Shakespeare, but it's genuine. It's a life."

Nominated for 3 Oscars

436 points

Synopsis: An insurance salesman/adjuster discovers his entire life is actually a TV show.

Trivia: Director Peter Weir filmed in the 1.66:1 ratio to make it feel more like a television show.

48. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Milos Forman, 1975

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science."

Nominated for 9 Oscars, won 5

448 points

Synopsis: Upon arrival at a mental institution, a brash rebel rallies the patients together to take on the oppressive Nurse Ratched, a woman more a dictator than a nurse.

Trivia: Many extras were authentic mental patients.

• Like 1

I can live with Alien at #50, until I see some of the other movies ahead of it that will make me sad.When Dallas goes to flush out the Xenomorph...good god.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1