Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

59. Gladiator

Ridley Scott, 2000

"At my signal, unleash hell."

Nominated for 12 Oscars, won 5

405 points

Synopsis: When a Roman general is betrayed and his family murdered by an emperor's corrupt son, he comes to Rome as a gladiator to seek revenge.

Trivia: Like modern day athletes, ancient Roman gladiators did product endorsements. The producers considered including this in the script but discarded the idea as unbelievable.

58. Inglourious Basterds

Quentin Tarantino, 2009

"My name is Shosanna Dreyfus and this is the face... of Jewish vengeance!"

Nominated for 8 Oscars, won 1

408 points

Synopsis: In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a plan to assassinate Nazi leaders by a group of Jewish U.S. soldiers coincides with a theatre owner's vengeful plans for the same.

Trivia: On German advertisement materials all swastikas were removed or covered up, as it was unclear to the distributor if the swastikas violated German law (which prohibits the exhibition of Nazi symbols except for purposes such as historical accuracy).

57. Finding Nemo

Andrew Stanton & Lee Unkrich, 2003

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

Nominated for 4 Oscars, won 1

410 points

Synopsis: After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home.

Trivia: Dory is the first role ever written specifically for Ellen DeGeneres

I love this grouping!
  • Like 1

I can't see it doing well especially by ABC. Should done Showtime or HBO or Cinemax. Just do one year mini series with 10 epiosdes each being an hour.

Disney owns ABC and Marvel, so they spreading their characters among the divisions of their company. ABC makes the most sense out of the TV stations that Disney owns.

I know that but Disney does not own a premier channels like HBO or something?

Nope. The closest thing that Disney has is A&E. But, ABC is a more popular station than A&E.HBO and Cinemax are owned by Time Warner (Warner Bros.). Showtime and The Movie Channel are owned by CBS (who is owned by the same company that owns Paramount). Stars and Encore are owned 75% by Liberty Media and 25% by the Weinstein Company. EPIX is a owned by Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM. Edited by Walt Disney

Nope. The closest thing that Disney has is A&E. But, ABC is a more popular station than A&E.HBO and Cinemax are owned by Time Warner (Warner Bros.). Showtime and The Movie Channel are owned by CBS (who is owned by the same company that owns Paramount). Stars and Encore are owned by Liberty Media. EPIX is a owned by Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM.

Disney should own one. S.H.I.E.L.D seems to better idea mini series then TV show.

I don't think I could have properly come up with a top 100, but considering the huge variance in how many movies we've all seen, you can't be surprised by what has magically popped up.LA Confidential. Needs to be so much higher. Rolo Tomasi.

• Like 2