Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

Jesus take the wheel, how is this list even possible? No All About Eve? No Sound of Music? No Gone With The Wind? No Cat on a Hot Tin Roof? My goodness I could go on and on with things on my list which are nowhere to be seen. What is this even?

Posted Image

Because people here are not in their 50's and 60's.
  • Like 5

23. The Dark Knight Rises

Christopher Nolan, 2012

"Rise."

734 points

Synopsis: Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.

Trivia: The most recent film on the list, despite a late rally by Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure.

:rofl: :rofl:

God, I have 20+ pages to catch up on and way too busy to do it!!! :rant:

This thread is too epic not to read every post, will do so tonight.

• Like 1

I think the only people that can really complain are those who submitted. All you others, stfu

So only people who submitted lists are entitled to express their opinions about any of these movies?If you're gonna express opinions as obnoxious as that maybe you're the one who should STFU.

How was TSN a pleasant surprise? If you were on the BOM forums during the last two years, you'd know how popular it is with this community,

Right, my thoughts exactly.How annoyingly... mind numbingly.. wankfestingly... "popular".... At least the meltdowns when TKS won best picture were legendary to witness because of TSN.
  • Like 1

So only people who submitted lists are entitled to express their opinions about any of these movies?

No, he meant that if you didn't submit a list, then you have no right to complain if a film you loved didn't make the cut, or a film you hate did make it onboard.

Because people here are not in their 50's and 60's.

Dear God, neither am I but quality is quality. People with inferior taste will

Posted Image

But let me just add on second thought this is exactly the sort of list I would expect from younger males (not a compliment).

Edited by glassfairy
  • Like 1

Posted Image

But let me just add on second thought this is exactly the sort of list I would expect from younger males (not a complement).

Yes and Iron Man is a quality film, Citizen Kane an Return Of The Jedi are garbage.

No, he meant that if you didn't submit a list, then you have no right to complain if a film you loved didn't make the cut, or a film you hate did make it onboard.

Ah OK. Well either way it just struck me as a really weird, rude outburst.

Yes and Iron Man is a quality film, Citizen Kane an Return Of The Jedi are garbage.

Citizen Kane has the best cinematography of any movie I have ever seen so I will disagree with you there. I couldn't care less for Star Wars movies one way or the other but yet I will still disagree with you on the latter, just not as strenuously. Edited by glassfairy

Posted Image

But let me just add on second thought this is exactly the sort of list I would expect from younger males (not a compliment).

Quality is subjective. I think a film like First Blood is better than a film like Gone With the Wind. Can you prove me right or can I prove that I am right? Nope. It's all about preference.
  • Like 1

Citizen Kane has the best cinematography of any movie I have ever seen so I will disagree with you there. I couldn't care less for Star Wars movies one way or the other but yet I will still disagree with you on the latter, just not as strenuously.

Citizen Kane is a cinematic abortion and it is a 100% cure for insomnia. It has no business on any best list unless you are a 90 year old critic who grew up during the Great Depression.

Citizen Kane is a cinematic abortion and it is a 100% cure for insomnia. It has no business on any best list unless you are a 90 year old critic who grew up during the Great Depression.

I respect Citizen Kane more for the techincal innovations it introudced to cinema rather than having a strong story.