AniNate

Best Original Song - 2012

That's cool, I guess. Though it seems like it's going to be a stretch to come up with five nominees in years to come.As for this year, hmmm, I know a new song is being written for Les Miserables by the guy who wrote the songs for the original musical. So I'll say that.

• Like 1

I almost can't believe how much I think I'd enjoy Adele winning this.

I could see the songwriter's branch disqualifying it as there's like 5 bars in the song that uses a pre-existing Bond tune, and one of the really famous ones. :Les Miserables is probably winning this one. Suddenly's being written, and scored by the same people who wrote the original songs for the Musical.
  • Like 1

I could see the songwriter's branch disqualifying it as there's like 5 bars in the song that uses a pre-existing Bond tune, and one of the really famous ones.

My thoughts exactly. Though I hope they can find a way around this for some reason. I would LOVE to see Adele performing Skyfall and taking home the oscar.

My thoughts exactly. Though I hope they can find a way around this for some reason. I would LOVE to see Adele performing Skyfall and taking home the oscar.

I'm not sure even if it got nommed she'd perform. They haven't had people perform since Slumdog won I think.

If was only this year that they didn't had performances but they always had performances. I think they will bring back the performances next year especially if Adele and Mumford & Sons songs will be nominated since those two are big album sellers right now and could bring in the ratings

If was only this year that they didn't had performances but they always had performances. I think they will bring back the performances next year especially if Adele and Mumford & Sons songs will be nominated since those two are big album sellers right now and could bring in the ratings

Agreed. And if Seth McFarlane has any vote, music will definitely be a big part of the show. I'm confident he'll do a singing monologue of some sort as well.