Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

125m? Even 120m is very difficult.I think $115m (3x multiplier) is a good target.

The only direct competition I see for it is Taken 2 and that's not until October 5. The only other detriment would be a drastic theater loss.

The Campaign has done good for a comedy about politics but I think it'll struggle overseas. I alway found it surprising that The Other Guys didn't do that well overseas considering the premise was pretty simple.

TOG is too much american for OS audiences, like Adam Sandler movies

I don't think The Master will do well in wide release, it's not appealing to a mainstream audience.The timing for the limited release opening great though because the film is fresh from its Venice Festival win

I don't think The Master will do well in wide release, it's not appealing to a mainstream audience.The timing for the limited release opening great though because the film is fresh from its Venice Festival win

Very expected. But it is already a hit.

I really dont think Bourne is add disappointment. That's film was not expected to do that great always a tough sell. The goal is to get the audience interested in that first 1 and then do really well in the next 1.. It is a reboot. And that is always a tough sell. I think it did well enough that the next 1 will do very well.

Still counting the pennies for Bourne? :lol:Hate to be negative but whether it's 115m or 120m, it's a dissapointment.

:lol: I look at it like collecting stats for a favorite baseball team :) even if their not going to the playoffs. It's run hasn't been as wanted but it's the first movie I've been trying to track and predict so.... And this was my third most anticipated movie of the summer after TA, and Prometheus.

I really dont think Bourne is add disappointment. That's film was not expected to do that great always a tough sell. The goal is to get the audience interested in that first 1 and then do really well in the next 1.. It is a reboot. And that is always a tough sell. I think it did well enough that the next 1 will do very well.

]I am pretty sure Universal was hoping for at least 150m for Bourne. While Bourne Legacy might techinically be a spin off, its budget is the highest of the four films, so making almost 200m less worldwide than the last isn't very encouraging Edited by John Marston

I don't know what universal was thinking. But if they were expecting more than identity then they are fools. you took the star out of the movie and replaced him with a brand new characters. There is no reason for this to do you more then what it did. I think this is a good start and that second 1 will make more.

I don't know what universal was thinking. But if they were expecting more than identity then they are fools. you took the star out of the movie and replaced him with a brand new characters. There is no reason for this to do you more then what it did. I think this is a good start and that second 1 will make more.

I just don't think they spent all the money on production budget and marketing to make Identity money. If it was on a modest budget I would agree with you. This wasn't even a true reboot. They brought all the characters back from Ultimatum except Jason Bourne and Nicky. They added new characters in addition to bringing old ones back. Pam Landy, Noah Vosen, Hirsch and Kramer were all in this movie even if only small parts. If it was a true reboot they would have just started from scratch. With the money they invested they were looking for a hit, imo.

I don't think Universal were expecting 150m.... hoping, sure..... but that would be just hope.I think most people in the industry was expecting something around 120m, and Bourne will come close, so it is not a disappointment.

:lol: I look at it like collecting stats for a favorite baseball team :) even if their not going to the playoffs. It's run hasn't been as wanted but it's the first movie I've been trying to track and predict so.... And this was my third most anticipated movie of the summer after TA, and Prometheus.

Haha you're pretty good at it.

I just don't think they spent all the money on production budget and marketing to make Identity money. If it was on a modest budget I would agree with you. This wasn't even a true reboot. They brought all the characters back from Ultimatum except Jason Bourne and Nicky. They added new characters in addition to bringing old ones back. Pam Landy, Noah Vosen, Hirsch and Kramer were all in this movie even if only small parts. If it was a true reboot they would have just started from scratch. With the money they invested they were looking for a hit, imo.

Side characters don't matter. Lead character matters.First Class dropped 38% from Last Stand despite great reviews, because Wolverine was not in it. TBL was bound to take a bigger hit because it solely relies on the lead character, Wolverine was just the lead of a team of superheroes.TBL would have got 142m if it had the same drop as FC. Because of the reason I mentioned above, and because of the much weaker reception, I would have not expected anything more than 125m.