CoolioD1

Golden Globes Thread (winners in 1st post)

Predicts:Drama:The DescendentsRU: The HelpComedy/Musical:The ArtistRU: BridesmaidsActor in a Drama:Brad PittRU: George ClooneyActress in a Drama:Viola DavisRU: Tilda SwintonActor in a Comedy/Musical:JEAN DUJARDINRU: Owen WilsonActress in a Comedy/Musical:Michelle WilliamsRU: Kristen WiigDirector:Alexander PayneRU: Martin ScorseseScreenplay:The ArtistRU: Midnight in ParisScore:HugoRU: War HorseAnimated Feature:TintinRU: RangoSong:The HelpRU: I have no idea.

I'm might as well do a predition:Drama: The DescendantsComedy:The ArtistDirector: Michel HazanaviciusActor drama: George ClooneyActor Comedy: Jean DujardinActress drama: Viola DavisActress Comedy: Michelle WilliamsScreenplay: Midnight in ParisScore: The Artist

Predicts:Drama:The DescendentsRU: The HelpComedy/Musical:The ArtistRU: BridesmaidsActor in a Drama:Brad PittRU: George ClooneyActress in a Drama:Viola DavisRU: Tilda SwintonActor in a Comedy/Musical:JEAN DUJARDINRU: Owen WilsonActress in a Comedy/Musical:Michelle WilliamsRU: Kristen WiigDirector:Alexander PayneRU: Martin ScorseseScreenplay:The ArtistRU: Midnight in ParisScore:HugoRU: War HorseAnimated Feature:TintinRU: RangoSong:The HelpRU: I have no idea.

Oops! Forgot about supporting!Supporting actor:Christopher PlummerRU: Albert BrooksSupporting actress:Octavia SpencerRU: Bernice Bejo

I think the Descendants and the Artist should switch categories. Surely the Descendants is more of a comedy than the Artist??Now onto tv...American Horror Story should not be nominated for best drama. It has its moments, but no. Where is Dexter? Where is Breaking Bad?Where's Michael C Hall for Dexter? Where's Segal for SOA? Where's SOA?Parks and Rec should be nominated for Comedy. Lange should not be nominated for AHS. She overacts every episode. That's all. It'll be fun to watch I guess and laugh....

Good: 50/50 hasn't received much recognition so far, so Picture and Actor nods make me very happy. Gleeson for The Guard is a great choice, so is Kristen Wiig over McCarthy. Game of Thrones, good. Mara, nice. Unless Extremely Loud didn't screen in time, it completely got shut out here, which might be a plus.Bad: The Artist becomes the early frontrunner of the race, meaning the Weinsteins are getting themselves another Oscar trophy. TV Comedy section is a joke (no pun intended). Gosling gets two acting nominations and neither are for the right movie. No Tree of Life, no Tinker Tailor, no Speilberg for director, no Oswalt, no MUPPETS DOESN'T GET A BEST SONG NOMINATION. BUT MADONNA DOES.Overall, not as bad as last year!

Edited by Gopher

So depressing about Parks and Rec. Got snubbed by SAG and GG. At least GG nominated Amy Poehler but it's a crime the show wasn't nominated. And there's no chance she wins even though she deserves it. How many times are they gonna give it to Tina Fey??Same with Sons of Anarchy. I thought it might pick up steam following Segal's win last year but now it got snubbed completely.

Walking Dead doesn`t deserve a nom this season unless it`s a a nom for the Slowest Show on TV.As for DH2, it was expected that it won`t get nominations. seriously, people, just because critics and others gave it rave reviews, it doesn`t mean they`ll vote for it. They give dozens of raves but vote for few movies. And AMPAS was never Potter-friendly. So expect another BP winner that only few people have seen.

So, How can they give Warhorse a best picture nomination even if it hasn't been released yet? Are they assuming it is going to be a greatly reviewed film? And, it kills me The Artist is going to clean up awards seasons. This season pales into comparison to 2010. Competition seems weaker.

I don't remember last years golden globe noms, but compared to the top movies of 2010, this year's (with some exceptions of course) best picture noms in both categories seem very weak. Replacing Ides of March and War Horse with Dragon Tattoo and Tinker Tailor is a start to making this list much better.