CoolioD1

Golden Globes Thread (winners in 1st post)

here's a list of winners per imdb page:

Best Motion Picture - Drama

Winner: The Descendants (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama

Winner: George Clooney for The Descendants (2011)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

Winner: The Artist (2011)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

Winner: Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

Winner: Jean Dujardin for The Artist (2011)

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy

Winner: "Modern Family" (2009)

Best Director - Motion Picture

Winner: Martin Scorsese for Hugo (2011/II)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Winner: Octavia Spencer for The Help (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy

Winner: Matt LeBlanc for "Episodes" (2011)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama

Winner: Claire Danes for "Homeland" (2011)

Best Foreign Language Film

Winner: A Separation (2011)(Iran)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Winner: Jessica Lange for "American Horror Story" (2011)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture

Winner: Midnight in Paris (2011) - Woody Allen

Best Animated Film

Winner: The Adventures of Tintin (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Winner: Peter Dinklage for "Game of Thrones" (2011)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

Winner: Michelle Williams for My Week with Marilyn (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television

Winner: Idris Elba for "Luther" (2010)

Best Original Song - Motion Picture

Winner: W.E. (2011) - Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry("Masterpiece")

Best Original Score - Motion Picture

Winner: The Artist (2011) - Ludovic Bource

Best Television Series - Drama

Winner: "Homeland" (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama

Winner: Kelsey Grammer for "Boss" (2011)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television

Winner: Kate Winslet for "Mildred Pierce" (2011)

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Winner: "Downton Abbey" (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy

Winner: Laura Dern for "Enlightened" (2011)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Winner: Christopher Plummer for Beginners (2010)

Splitting up best director and best picture is becoming more common these days, which is kind of strange.

It does make sense in this case. The Descendants were more of a writing achievement, whereas Marty's directorial skills clearly shined in Hugo. I think The Artist will take BP/BD at the Oscars.

Please note that since 2004 only one BP winner at the GG has gone on to win BP at the Oscars and that was Slumdog Millionaire in 2008 which I believe also sweeped all the other precussors. Anyway, with that said, I think this year will be more like 2008, and we will one of the two GG BP winners end up taking home the Oscar this year, but from a statistical perspective, both The Artist and The Descendants have an uphill battle, especially if the guilds go for something else. The same happened last year when TSN looked like the clear frontrunner and won the GG just to get snubbed by the guilds, ultimately leading to TKS winning.

Bring on the dog from The Artist as next year's host. He would be way more shocking than Gervais was last night.

Awful right! All that buzz for nothing. All the "major" news organizations are praising him for being "shocking" again which is bizzare, the only one calling it like it is is our Darling Nikki- she's ripping him a new asshole, said the HFPA neutured him, he got more roasted on by the celebrities, and said his career is dead :lol:

Last year Ricky wanted to come out in a Nazi uniform. He chickened out this year, too. “So where was I? Nervous?,” Gervais asked the audience. Then he immediately dissed NBC and the Golden Globes themselves. “The Golden Globes are just like the Oscars — but without all that esteem.”

This is definitely toned-down Gervais. He’s obviously been muzzled or muzzled himself. What a sell-out. Making never-was Kim Kardashian jokes is beyond easy. Same with washed-up Eddie Murphy jokes about Norbit. Ricky is too chicken to go after the bonafide Hollywood stars. Doesn’t lay a glove on Adam Sandler even though the comedian just had a big film bomb. (“Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler played all the parts in The Help.”) And arrogant asshole James Cameron jokes. (“I’ve sat through longer James Cameron acceptance speeches” than Kim Kardashian’s marriage.) Gervais pretends he’s not cowed: “The Hollywood Foreign Press warned me if I cause any controversy whatsoever they’ll invite me back next year. He reads the rules he’s been given: “No profanity, no nudity, not to libel anyone, and I mustn’t mention Mel Gibson this year and especially not Jodie Foster’s Beaver.” With that, Jodie gives the thumbs-up sign.

This is the best Gervais can do to open the show? Incredibly stale stuff. It’s going to be a loooong night…

Gervais asks Johnny Depp if he’s on recreational drugs. “Have you seen The Tourist yet?” Johnny replies, “No”. And I believe him.

Mercifully, the show is ending. My final verdict? Gervais didn’t kill at the Golden Globes. He was killed by it. He went from supervillain to eunuch in the space of one year. Tonight Hollywood got its revenge by ruining his career…

-Nikki Finke Edited by rockNrollaDIM

This award season fucking sucks. The only decent films I liked were Hugo and War Horse. They don't even compare to any film last year.

Agreed. There are some decent movies out there, like you mention, but they don't stack up to last year's pack even remotely.