CJohn

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | 1/27/17 | Trailer on Page 10

Just now, Noiret Jak said:

4 day  (with week-end) in Japan : 9,3M$

HUGE !

Its already out?  Wow!  In any case, I want them to reboot and stick to the games in terms of story and setting.  Not use Alice that came in like a cheat code.

12 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its going to gross less in japan than the last 2. Opened about the same as the 3rd.

You are absolutely right. I let Deadline deceive me once again: Final Chapter has already become the highest grossing Resident Evil in Japan with $25M-plus. http://deadline.com/2017/01/rogue-one-hidden-figures-underworld-blood-wars-weekend-box-office-1201879773/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This is actually doing pretty nice in Japan, may end surpassing the last movie as the second biggest movie there. I thought it had no hype before, but, it may able to pull at least $160m OS plus $200m+ WW.

I hope that means this movie is one of the best of the franchise.

• Like 1

The producers already announced they will reboot it after this one so it is not like it is a big secret. It will be probably closer to the games and with a more serious tone.

Alice was the secret of success of this franchise. She doesn't exist in the games. No similar plotline either. It was the perfect plan.

• Like 1