baumer

Hotel Transylvania

18 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Well saw this tonight and loved the hell out of it, Sandler and crew gives great performance with their voice talent. The script is really funny and the director Grenndy Tratkovsy does great work with the visuals and sight gags. This is a very enjoyable good time and will no doubt be putting this in the DVD collection right next to Cloudy with a Chance of MeatballsA-

Edited by MGK17

After watching Wreck-It Ralph before this, I gotta say this movie has a lot of flaws.

First of all, I would say the animation, but yeah, that's from the budget - they couldn't do anything. But the thing that disappointed me that even if it was a family oriented movie, it failed to give people decent laughs... The jokes weren't funny at all and some were even made for older audience... I don't know what to say, I'm disappointed in this.

Also, the voice cast wasn't great, but mediocre... It's a meh movie...B-

Edited by ChFloppit

After watching Wreck-It Ralph before this, I gotta say this movie has a lot of flaws.

First of all, I would say the animation, but yeah, that's from the budget - they couldn't do anything. But the thing that disappointed me that even if it was a family oriented movie, it failed to give people decent laughs... The jokes weren't funny at all and some were even made for older audience... I don't know what to say, I'm disappointed in this.

Also, the voice cast wasn't great, but mediocre... It's a meh movie...B+

Wait, isn't B+ like 4/5? 

This is a film that merely exists.

Sure, it hits its mark every now and then, and has brief, sporadic bursts of fun.  In the end, none of the above matters when you story is not only contrived, but told in a boring, uninteresting manner.  There were prolonged stretches of boredom and incompetence that led up to a simply awful ending.

One of those films that as a whole neither disappoints nor delivers.

I just saw the first Hotel Transylvania. Enjoyed it.

Better than Brave, which was also released in 2012.

Mavis was a more likable teen, and she didn't turn one of her parents into a bear just to get her way.

B

Edited by Mojoguy