Ezen Baklattan

Early Weekends #s - The Hollywood Report-Wknd guesses pg 4-HT Sep record?

I agree those movies are total shitfestsOn a related note though while EX2 was much better than the first ( Lundgren owned - this dude's a true comedian ) I thought it could have been so much better especially during the middle stretch and a heavily disappointing final fight between JCVD and Sly ( seriously only two roundhouse kicks from JCVD ???? lame ) - JCVD was awesome though I roared when he said 'don't challenge me' with his accentbtw wasn't budget 100 mil ?

The budget has been reported to be $90m. The only place it has been $100m is on BOM. Lots of people read and use BOM, so the $100m figure gets used a lot.I didn't think Dolph should be the comedic one. He is a true action hero with fighting experience, and they could have used him to greater effect in the fight sequences. He's reduced to a few weird lines in this one when he was so dark and great in the first one.As for Van Damme, he was superb, but I wanted to see more from him. I loved the "Over so soon? I want my money's worth" line, then "Boom, back down" from both roundhouse kicks. That fight needed to be longer, sure, maybe one of them gets kicked through a window and the fight is continued outside. That always makes a fight scene last longer. It wasn't a perfect movie, but they did very well with trying to juggle all of those egos and put them into some sort of formation.

Your robots :P I mean from actual people in real life. Anyway back on topic-this weekend was epic!

Ok, last point on this; we are actual people, and we are apart of real life. Believe it or not, we do share our opinions in chat and conversation too, therefore if we all hate John Carter on here, there's a good probability that the same negativity towards it is being shared off the Internet.

Yeah, great weekend.

Bet Sony are pleased that HT opened so well considering it was in development for so long. Kind of funny that their previous most successful film from SPA was not an animated film as the only thing animated in The Smurfs were the Smurfs and some shots of Azrael!!

The budget has been reported to be $90m. The only place it has been $100m is on BOM. Lots of people read and use BOM, so the $100m figure gets used a lot.I didn't think Dolph should be the comedic one. He is a true action hero with fighting experience, and they could have used him to greater effect in the fight sequences. He's reduced to a few weird lines in this one when he was so dark and great in the first one.As for Van Damme, he was superb, but I wanted to see more from him. I loved the "Over so soon? I want my money's worth" line, then "Boom, back down" from both roundhouse kicks. That fight needed to be longer, sure, maybe one of them gets kicked through a window and the fight is continued outside. That always makes a fight scene last longer. It wasn't a perfect movie, but they did very well with trying to juggle all of those egos and put them into some sort of formation.

I was expecting something like maybe Vin VS Rock from Fast Five or better yet JCVD VS Lundgren in US:Regeneration ... instead it felt like they rushed to film it and it wasn't choreographed well at all Don't know if you've seen the movie but the fight scene is on youtube and it is all sorts of awesome ( talking about US:R ) ... Van Damme deserved way more screentime and scenes like the one when he kills HemsworthThe first movie was all over the place regarding Dolph's character so I'm glad they found him a job in this one - comic relief Best fight was easily between Adkins and Statham but it was too short ... these 2 need to be paired up again ! Next movie needs more cohesiveness and maybe a little less names and more developed characters ... oh and Li of course

I was expecting something like maybe Vin VS Rock from Fast Five or better yet JCVD VS Lundgren in US:Regeneration ... instead it felt like they rushed to film it and it wasn't choreographed well at allDon't know if you've seen the movie but the fight scene is on youtube and it is all sorts of awesome ( talking about US:R ) ... Van Damme deserved way more screentime and scenes like the one when he kills HemsworthThe first movie was all over the place regarding Dolph's character so I'm glad they found him a job in this one - comic reliefBest fight was easily between Adkins and Statham but it was too short ... these 2 need to be paired up again ! Next movie needs more cohesiveness and maybe a little less names and more developed characters ... oh and Li of course

I've seen US:R, it was fine, but TE2's fights were much better. Yeah, the best fight was between Adkins and Statham, and I agree it was far too short, but for Adkins' character being quite a small role, it was long enough.The next movie needs more thought. It's as if they thought this would make money regardless of what happened. If they had put more thought into it (instead of jokes and/or self references), then I think it could have made much more money. JCVD and Stallone's fight was good, I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to see more, and more in a place that wasn't so dingy. For example, maybe have the final fight on top of a roof, or in somewhere with greenery. Just in an airport warehouse place, was so boring.Perhaps we're being too greedy. I am thankful for what I got. To have a film with all of my heroes in it, is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, regardless of what they did or didn't do or did and didn't say, it was epic, and I thank Stallone and co. for producing it.