Forrest Gump

64 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Forrest Gump

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Absolutely timeless, completely re-watchable, extremely well written. The dialogue and acting in Forrest Gump sets the bar for cinema of all variety. 

The history and political upheaval shown is brilliantly shown in footage which was remastered to fit Forrest into it, which is technologically and creatively brilliant. 

However, it is a little slow.

9.7/10

A

• Like 2

Finally got round to watching this, what an absolutely amazing and fantastic film with a beauitful script and score. The acting is incredible- especially Tom Hanks and Robin Wright ànd there are just so many beauitful scenes in this movie :wub: One of the easiest

A+

Edited by FocusFilms

This movie gives you so much.

It has everything you want to see, memorable characters, spectacle, heart, humor, emotion, it is really a rollercoaster.

Hanks as Gump is for the Ages, but the cast does a stellar job.

And the end crushes me everytime, when he asks if his kid is normal, I am a mess and I cry like an 8 yo girl.

Fantastic score from Silvestri.

Fantastic directing from Zemeckis as usual, he understands every scene and they all have an impact.

A+++

Edited by A Grey Future
  • Like 4

meh, nothing particularly amazing or even very good about it.

And it feels sooooo long.

50/100

Wait, I remember you giving the same "meh" rating to Terminator, Pulp Fiction.  And now Forrest Gump too?  I won't say your opinion is "bad', but giving a low rating to all these 3 films is definitely a rare case.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Wait, I remember you giving the same "meh" rating to Terminator, Pulp Fiction.  And now Forrest Gump too?  I won't say your opinion is "bad', but giving a low rating to all these 3 films is definitely a rare case.

I actually hated Terminator.  

Pulp Fiction and Forrest Gump are similar movies imo. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with them, and the near flawless direction and pretty good performances prevents me from dying of boredom, but they lack something that I can't quite figure out what it is, something special. I just don't see the big deal about them.

Besides, everyone dislikes certain acclaimed movies.

There is nothing controversial about disliking or even hating Forrest Gump. It wasn't hugely acclaimed by critics at release, and time has not been kind to it. There's a very well reasoned and well known group of people who don't like Forrest Gump, and it's nothing new.

Also vc, I don't think Terminator is particularly good.

I actually hated Terminator.  

Pulp Fiction and Forrest Gump are similar movies imo. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with them, and the near flawless direction and pretty good performances prevents me from dying of boredom, but they lack something that I can't quite figure out what it is, something special. I just don't see the big deal about them.

Besides, everyone dislikes certain acclaimed movies.

Not me, I love all critically acclaimed films.

Rosebud.jpg

• Like 1