Forrest Gump

64 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Forrest Gump

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

My favorite film of all time. It has stuck with me after hundreds of viewings, and gets me every time. Acting is spot on with Hanks and Wright. Effects, music, cinematography have all stood the test of time, and the script is excellent.A+, easily

• Like 1

My favorite film of all time. It has stuck with me after hundreds of viewings, and gets me every time. Acting is spot on with Hanks and Wright. Effects, music, cinematography have all stood the test of time, and the script is excellent.A+, easily

What hé said

Really love this film. It didn't sit well with me for some reason during my first viewing, but I grew to love it with repeat viewings. The scene when Forrest and Jenny run for each other in Washington after not having seen each other in years never fails to bring tears to my eyes.A

Yeah, I really love Forrest Gump. Did it deserve the Oscar more than Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction? Dunno, but this is one of the most entertaining and, in many ways, most darkly comedic and absurd movies I've seen.5/5

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

1994 was a very strong year for film. This is one of the best. I too am in the camp that Pulp should have won, but I don't think there is anything wrong with this winning. It's an incredible film with a great performance from Hanks.9.5/10

• Like 1

Watched it again last night and it really is amazing how powerful this film is.  Hanks' reaction when he is told that he is a father is simply incredible.  I still think Pulp Fiction is the best film of 94, but this is so so close.

• Like 1

I think the reason why this film is well loved and popular is two fold..1. A very likeable main character with a nice heart warming story about his entire life.2. A modern day epic of post ww2 America m. It covered many huge events and themes of that time and that made the film relateable to many generations of people.