Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 8/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, WittyUsername said:

I still remember when Geoff Johns was being built up as DC’s Kevin Feige. 

I remember that too.

The difference between Feige and Johns was simple" Feige had been in the film industry on the producing side for over a decade before he took over Marvel Studios; Johns was from the comics and did not have nearly as much practical  expereince in the film industry.That proved fatal.

TO put is in simple terms; FOr Feige producing was a full time job, for Johns it was a part time job.

Johns has the right ides in some areas...that Snyder had totally misread Superman's charecter, for instance; but did not have the expereince and technical know now to run a cinematic universe.

Edited by dudalb

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

I remember that too.

The difference between Feige and Johns was simple" Feige had been in the film industry on the producing side for over a decade before he took over Marvel Studios; Johns was from the comics and did not have nearly as much practical  expereince in the film industry.That proved fatal.

TO put is in simple terms; FOr Feige producing was a full time job, for Johns it was a part time job.

Johns has the right ides in some areas...that Snyder had totally misread Superman's charecter, for instance; but did not have the expereince and technical know now to run a cinematic universe.

It was clear from the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad that Geoff Johns was clueless about filmmaking, I don't know why WB let him continue on the job after such an incompetent, incoherent mess of a start. He moved on to "fix" the Justice League film and was so confident in that new version that he promised it would deliver some of the best Superman scenes fans have ever seen.

Johns is out as decision-maker and "promo face" on the DC feature film side for all kinds of reasons, professional incompetence merely being one of them.  He'll get credits and has STARGIRL (which has been great), but he won't be actively involved anymore in a franchise creative capacity.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Johns is out as decision-maker and "promo face" on the DC feature film side for all kinds of reasons, professional incompetence merely being one of them.  He'll get credits and has STARGIRL (which has been great), but he won't be actively involved anymore in a franchise creative capacity.  

Link????

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

Link????

No "Link" -- It should be obvious by now -- When was the last time you saw his face-out-front on camera promoting anything related to DC features?  The Warners "internal corrections" that they performed as response to Ray Fisher's complaints were likely booting Johns and producer Jon Berg out of DC Features.  

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

I would not be opposed to Johns having a purely creative role,maybe as a writer, , but its clear he just does not have the knowledge or experience to be an actual film producer (as opposed to  the meaningless "courtesy" producer title)  or a TV showrunner.

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

No "Link" -- It should be obvious by now -- When was the last time you saw his face-out-front on camera promoting anything related to DC features?  The Warners "internal corrections" that they performed as response to Ray Fisher's complaints were likely booting Johns and producer Jon Berg out of DC Features.  

I really doubt  Ray FIsher's complaints had anything to do with Johns being stripped of any real power.

I think Ray FIsher is almost certainly persona non grata at DC. You won't be seeing him as CYclops agian.

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It was clear from the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad that Geoff Johns was clueless about filmmaking, I don't know why WB let him continue on the job after such an incompetent, incoherent mess of a start. He moved on to "fix" the Justice League film and was so confident in that new version that he promised it would deliver some of the best Superman scenes fans have ever seen.

True, but your real reason for not liking Johns is he was critical of the Snyderverse. 

Johns was right about that, problme was he was not the guy who could make the course corrections.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I really doubt  Ray FIsher's complaints had anything to do with Johns being stripped of any real power.

I think Ray FIsher is almost certainly persona non grata at DC. You won't be seeing him as CYclops agian.

I didn't say that we would!  

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I don’t remember him ever playing Cyclops, but I do remember him playing Cyborg. 

42 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m trying to understand the purpose of this.  

So they don’t have to keep paying producers residuals to host those shows. They can also sell them off to other streamers (Close Enough is already a Netflix Original outside the US).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

So they don’t have to keep paying producers residuals to host those shows. They can also sell them off to other streamers (Close Enough is already a Netflix Original outside the US).

Are we sure this isn't more tax write off bullshit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Are we sure this isn't more tax write off bullshit?

Looks like Summer Camp Island is in a Batgirl situation. New season is ready to go and now the show is gone

• Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

Apparently, they're not getting sold to other streamers. They're getting dropped completely like HBO originals Mrs. Fletcher & Run. You can only watch Run if you buy the season on Apple. The only way to watch Mrs. Fletcher is to pirate it.

Edited by BeastByTheBay

3 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Apparently, they're not getting sold to other streamers. They're getting dropped completely like HBO originals Mrs. Fletcher & Run. You can only watch Run if you buy the season on Apple. The only way to watch Mrs. Fletcher is to pirate it.

If there was ever an argument to be made for physical media, this would be it. 

• Like 3