Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The 2024 lineup is empty only with Joker which isn't even part of the universe, so they better find a director for the new Superman ASAP because I wanna see the trinity in 2025.

It's going to be Jacob Elordi. No doubt the most obvious choice out there. 

Unless....AUSTIN BUTLER?!?!

4 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I mean there is a reason why he never congratulated Gunn and Peter in public. He knows that he won't be a priority in the new universe and his plans of being the Thanos for the DCEU are dead.

Should have tried to get in on Deadpool 3 first. Being a Deadpool sequel anti hero antagonist  is the true path to Thanosdom

I like Henry Cavill a lot(especially since Mission Impossible) but unfortunately he got screwed as Superman by a shit tone-deaf director in a shit film franchise.

Whatever happened to that Highlander movie he was supposed to do?  A John Wick style Highlander movie series with highly choreographed swordplay would be an awesome fit for Cavill.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

This is the kind of thing Bob Iger would never let happen at Marvel/Disney. The cost that comes with such a divisive, fan-upsetting move is enormous. You need a united fanbase for these films to be successful and this is anything but. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Judging by recent posts, I'd say that Gal, Margot and Zachary Levi are safe. I'm curious now about Momoa after comments about Aquaman 2 being his final movie and Ezra.

I wouldn't bet on any of them being safe and sound.  They all know the business (better than Cavill does, it seems), and they know these larger business decisions are sometimes made, especially when dealing with re-organizing an entire *slate* of franchises.  More and more I'm thinking Gadot will be out, too.  Shazam was pretty isolated, so if that sequel happens to pop off, I could see them keeping Levi, but I doubt it.  Margot Robbie, well...she's well liked, but her iteration of the character also hasn't been financially successful, unfortunately... They may restart the whole universe "younger."  

...By the way, notice how Gunn still hasn't said "We'd love to work with Patty Jenkins in the future!"  He even said that for Cavill!  

Both hilarious and sad about Cavill.  I never loved him but he has to be feeling angry, frustrated and disillusioned right now.  There's no way he didn't leave The Witcher without thinking he was coming back to Superman in a big way.  Anyone who thinks he left Witcher for "creative integrity" reasons is really naive.  Unfortunately, yes, he shouldn't have made a move like that until there was a "GO" script and guarantee in place.  I do feel for the guy...but only a little.  😁 

Gunn will probably win big at the end by bringing him back as "Kingdom Come Superman" for a cameo in 7-10 years...if their universe lasts that long!  

:sparta:

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

Momoa's film made 1.2 billion. If they allow Gunn to move on from him before #2 comes out, I'm officially on the "sell DC to Disney" bandwagon because this is lunacy. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is the kind of thing Bob Iger would never let happen at Marvel/Disney. The cost that comes with such a divisive, fan-upsetting move is enormous. You need a united fanbase for these films to be successful and this is anything but. 

On the other hand, there's something to be said for ripping off the band-aid instead of letting things linger and fester and hang in the wind.

This is a new regime and like it or not, they're gonna live or die on how their movies are doing.

(also, frankly, I think "uniting" the DC fanbase was literally impossible - which brings us back to 'rip off the band-aid and get it over with')

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I wouldn't bet on any of them being safe and sound.  They all know the business (better than Cavill does, it seems), and they know these larger business decisions are sometimes made, especially when dealing with re-organizing an entire *slate* of franchises.  More and more I'm thinking Gadot will be out, too.  Shazam was pretty isolated, so if that sequel happens to pop off, I could see them keeping Levi, but I doubt it.  Margot Robbie, well...she's well liked, but her iteration of the character also hasn't been financially successful, unfortunately... They may restart the whole universe "younger."  

...By the way, notice how Gunn still hasn't said "We'd love to work with Patty Jenkins in the future!"  He even said that for Cavill!  

Both hilarious and sad about Cavill.  I never loved him but he has to be feeling angry, frustrated and disillusioned right now.  There's no way he didn't leave The Witcher without thinking he was coming back to Superman in a big way.  Anyone who thinks he left Witcher for "creative integrity" reasons is really naive.  Unfortunately, yes, he shouldn't have made a move like that until there was a "GO" script and guarantee in place.  I do feel for the guy...but only a little.  😁 

Gunn will probably win big at the end by bringing him back as "Kingdom Come Superman" for a cameo in 7-10 years...if their universe lasts that long!  

:sparta:

Gal Gadot is supposed to be in the Shazam sequel. That’s not even a spoiler. That was shown at the Cinemacon footage from back in April. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Gal Gadot is supposed to be in the Shazam sequel. That’s not even a spoiler. That was shown at the Cinemacon footage from back in April. 

"Supposed to be" and "will be" are two different things.  There is already talk from the trades that the studio is pondering which cameos to use and not use for these upcoming movies...because they don't want to promise something they won't be delivering.  I suspect there will only be more re-edits in the next few months, as there apparently already have been.  We will know more once Gunn/Safran announce more in the new year, of course.  

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"Supposed to be" and "will be" are two different things.  There is already talk from the trades that the studio is pondering which cameos to use and not use for these upcoming movies...because they don't want to promise something they won't be delivering.  I suspect there will only be more re-edits in the next few months, as there apparently already have been.  We will know more once Gunn/Safran announce more in the new year, of course.  

The idea of cutting out Gal Gadot’s scenes so you could retroactively force the Shazam movies into a different continuity is, to put it bluntly, a really stupid idea. 

Besides, even though his face wasn’t shown, the first movie already showed Superman with Henry Cavill’s suit. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Superman: Jacob Elordi

Lois Lane: no idea

Lex Luthor: Cillian Murphy 

Jimmy Olsen: no idea

Perry White: no idea

Jonathon Kent: Josh Hartnett

Martha Kent: Reese Witherspoon 

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The idea of cutting out Gal Gadot’s scenes so you could retroactively force the Shazam movies into a different continuity is, to put it bluntly, a really stupid idea. 

Besides, even though his face wasn’t shown, the first movie already showed Superman with Henry Cavill’s suit. 

Who said there would be anything of the sort going on?  You interpret too much from my words.  I have no belief that Zach Levi is sacred ground to be kept!  😁  If Gadot's scenes in Shazam (and no, I didn't know this was official, I only heard a rumor or two) are essential to the plot, she could be kept in it, of course...but I think it's fair game that all these misc. cameos may or may not be there by the time these movies arrive in theaters, that's all I'm saying...  

Edited by Macleod