Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, JWR said:

I don’t understand this logic. The thing that “got the brand to this point” was Zack Snyder’s vision, and he’s been gone for years now. Its just weird that James Gunn would reboot a universe that he himself had already left his stamp on. That’s what’s surprising. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand this logic. The thing that “got the brand to this point” was Zack Snyder’s vision, and he’s been gone for years now. Its just weird that James Gunn would reboot a universe that he himself had already left his stamp on. That’s what’s surprising. 

Snyder has been gone, but his touch and baggage still lingers as long as they keep this cast. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

He's one of those bland imported Australian actors. 

What's fascinating about him is that he's one of only a half-dozen Australian actors to have never been on either 'Neighbours' or 'Home and Away'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjj31wzJKmOUNQj9a2IMA

Euphoria-%20How%20Jacob%20Elordi%20went%

he really does have the perfect look for Superman.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JWR said:

Snyder has been gone, but his touch and baggage still lingers as long as they keep this cast. 

But the cast was well received...? This is a tough spot for them, but this aint the answer. 

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

But the cast was well received...? This is a tough spot for them, but this aint the answer. 

You wouldn't be able to divorce those actors from the vision that turned off the general audience. Too much baggage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Ok, maybe the rock can go as well lol

What does he have against the Shazam character? It can’t be that it’s “for kids”, he’s done plenty of kiddie ass movies. Is it that he doesn’t wanna play second banana? Dude has a ego the size of the titanic. Maybe Vin Diesel was in the right lol

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Gunn has less of an ego than Dwayne Johnson (hard not to), then he understands hard choices sometimes have to be made.  In this case, the rebooting of the studio slate may be more important than his personal projects.  

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The baggage of BvS didn’t stop WW or AM from making money. 

Since then, there have been at least four successive "flops" in the DC Universe, right?  Pandemic or no, that's a huge downward trajectory.  It's time to move on.  

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Another origin SM film? I have to change my opinion Gunn. He fails on comic level as well, not only on personal and business level. It might be a great film, but nobody cares at this point. Dude need to plan for the future. he can't read the room. 

Hasn't there literally only been ONE Superman origin film? (Man of Steel)

As I mentioned a while back, we will be getting some sort of the DC plan soon (in a month???). So everything outside of what Gunn has mentioned himself is speculation.

He was put in a tough spot, because DC has 4 films coming out in 2023, and all 4 have pretty big potential if good. Can they get away with announcing a complete reboot without diminishing the box office of those films? idk!

51 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The baggage of BvS didn’t stop WW or AM from making money. 

Yes but look at WW2 ? It wouldn't have made much money even if it was released normally? Reboot is the right choice imo. It will take time for people to adjust but people will adjust. Look at Spidey, amazing spiderman didn't work and tom Holland was brought in. Now people love Tom, some even think he is best Spidey. There can be other actors who might prove to be more successful than the current cast because there's too much baggage with them among other issues.. Gunn is doing the right thing 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

As I mentioned a while back, we will be getting some sort of the DC plan soon (in a month???). So everything outside of what Gunn has mentioned himself is speculation.

He was put in a tough spot, because DC has 4 films coming out in 2023, and all 4 have pretty big potential if good. Can they get away with announcing a complete reboot without diminishing the box office of those films? idk!

I don't think they can fully commit to a reboot until they see response.

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I don’t see how anyone could bother getting excited in DC’s 2023 slate if we know they’re just going to throw everything away. It’s Dark Phoenix all over again, except the movies maybe won’t be as bad. 

• Like 2

People have already moved on from Batfleck to Pattinson. Although people like Cavill if Gunn can get someone worthy enough he can definitely do the justice and people will definitely like that guy. 

Edited by Nero

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see how anyone could bother getting excited in DC’s 2023 slate if we know they’re just going to throw everything away. It’s Dark Phoenix all over again, except the movies maybe won’t be as bad. 

Aquaman could be a decent hit. Not sure about others. It's hit or miss.