Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:
Spoiler

I mean, if Gal Gadot is in the next Shazam movie then kinda? 

Spoiler

It hasn't been publicly announced, yet.  If it's even true, and if it ends up being one of the last times Gadot appears as the character, they will obviously market it as such: "Come see...one of the last times to witness the Wonder..."  There, simple.  Will get all the Wonder/Gadot fans out.  I knew they needed something else to sell this Shazam sequel...  😁 

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Do you think the majority of the general public even realizes that Shazam is a part of the current DCEU? Or that Blue Beetle kinda is?

The Flash is a wildcard, and Aquaman it will not matter lol even if they announced he's playing Lobo before it comes out.

The Shazam 2 trailer opens with archive footage of both Justice League and Aquaman. I think people can pick up the clues that it's a DCEU movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

The creator of the Harley Quinn cartoon was wearing it on a hoodie.

FkGlGqJWQAIaMZa?format=jpg&name=small

I want one. 

Late to the party, but I’m over the moon with the idea of a DC Universe spearheaded by Gunn. Also sign me up to whatever craziness he is coming with for Superman, arguably my most anticipated project at WB right now. Also, I really want him to also direct the film.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:
Spoiler

I mean, if Gal Gadot is in the next Shazam movie then kinda? 

Right, but they're not going in to watch Shazam because "omg the next installment in the DCEU!!" they're going to see it because they saw and liked the first one.

Edited by ChipDerby

I don't think this is a new logo, folks...these are sweats that were made for in-house production people. 

I'm sure Gunn will be on Twitter debunking within the next hour or two...  😁 

And yes, if they're smart, they'll move away from the "New 52" style/anything associated with the previous DC Universe opening logos... 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

So the new logo is not final?

I don’t remember completely, but there is a whole mess about DC’s logo legal wise. I know that there was something about them and a DC Shoes legal battle, but also there is a reason why the logo keeps changing. I don’t like the original New 52 art for the League either, but I grew to love Grant Morrison’s take on Supes from that era. Jim Lee is arguably one of the biggest comic book artists of all time and president of DC Comics so that’s an embarrassment of the riches really. I do think it’s a cool looking hoodie since they are using the silhouette and not the actual art for it.

6 minutes ago, Ohana said:

James Gunn won't have any day's grace
If his version of Superman would flop at the box office - all hell breaks loose.

Hmmm. Gunn hasn't made a bad CBM movie yet so I have confidence in him. But will it be financially successful that's another matter. But I think the new Superman movie can be like Batman begins. It's good and gross is also decent enough for more room to grow in future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Hmmm. Gunn hasn't made a bad CBM movie yet so I have confidence in him. But will it be financially successful that's another matter. But I think the new Superman movie can be like Batman begins. It's good and gross is also decent enough for more room to grow in future.

Never mind superhero films, his last five productions were all home runs. Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special was brilliant and sweet, same for Peacemaker. He will knock this one out of the park, I’m 100% confident in this, but only if he actually directs it. I don’t want him to give this screenplay for someone else, this one needs to be him, to set the DC Universe’s tone going forward.

5 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Never mind superhero films, his last five productions were all home runs. Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special was brilliant and sweet, same for Peacemaker. He will knock this one out of the park, I’m 100% confident in this, but only if he actually directs it. I don’t want him to give this screenplay for someone else, this one needs to be him, to set the DC Universe’s tone going forward.

Yes that's why I said I'm pretty confident that movie will be good/great. But TSS despite glowing reviews didn't gross much (I can understand due to covid and same day streaming affected it) . I really liked new TSS and also peacemaker so I'm looking forward to any new Gunn project tbh. 

• Like 1

If Gunn isn't careful he will risk dividing the Superman brand even more. 

I'm already not invested coz WB has clearly shown they are incompetent at producing Superman films and there's high possibility they won't have the guts to invest in the reboot 4yrs down the line if the box-office is few millions shy.