Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Would have preferred Emma Mackey. Her charisma is off the charts 

As a Marvelous Ms Maisle fan, I disagree. Brosnahan is a great choice. SHe is just coming off a emmy win for Mrs. Maisel.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, MightyDargon said:

I'm guessing nobody buys "WB" per se after its debt load but Zaslav has to keep jettisoning parts of the company to make ends meet over time.

Why does this remind me of aol time Warner so much

7 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

James Gunn after looking at those Flash numbers, and deciding to announce the Legacy casting:

More or less. Granted, Gunn and Safran have been casting for a while, but they know that the DCEU is a smoldering crater and that it's time to move on.

Zaslev seems to have backtracked on  his attacks on TCM; and now PTA ,Scorsese Speilberg will take an active role in the programming and running of TCM. 

I got a feeling that Zaslev was getting hell from a great ,many people in the business, since TCM Is a beloved fixture in among Movie People. Getting dirty looks whenever you go into a bar or restaurant from your peers will get through the toughest skin.

Edited by dudalb

On 6/27/2023 at 6:26 PM, TheFlatLannister said:

Would have preferred Emma Mackey. Her charisma is off the charts 

I have a strong feeling this lady will get some major huge DC or Marvel role eventually. Not sure what I could see her playing other than Lois though. She does look like her, at least visual wise.

While people are praising that we have our first Jewish Lois Lane and that does make sense with her creators, comic book twitter seemed kinda pissed off that they didn’t went with a Latina actress for her. Lane has been so many ethnicities before that even I find it hard to pinpoint which one would be right. Jewish works though, works a lot.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have a strong feeling this lady will get some major huge DC or Marvel role eventually. Not sure what I could see her playing other than Lois though. She does look like her, at least visual wise.

While people are praising that we have our first Jewish Lois Lane and that does make sense with her creators, comic book twitter seemed kinda pissed off that they didn’t went with a Latina actress for her. Lane has been so many ethnicities before that even I find it hard to pinpoint which one would be right. Jewish works though, works a lot.

Hate to dissapoionte you, and it , of course, really does not  matter buy Rachael Brosnahan is of Irish descent.

I guess is says something about how  skilled an actress she is that ehr performance as the very Jewish Mrs. Maisel cause people to think to she is Jewish.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hate to dissapoionte you, and it , of course, really does not  matter buy Rachael Brosnahan is of Irish descent.

I guess is says something about how  skilled an actress she is that ehr performance as the very Jewish Mrs. Maisel cause people to think to she is Jewish.

I had no idea, just something people were saying on the film’s thread iirc.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Maybe, yeah. 

Nope, you did not misread. A person called Rachael the 
First Jewish Lois Lane, thinking she was Jewish because she was so convincing as Mrs. Maisle, whose being jewish was a major part of the charecter.