Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

16 hours ago, poweranimals said:

They started to but then they abandoned it after getting off to a rocky start. Personally, I think they made a mistake by rushing it.

BvS poisoned the chalice and is the root of a lot of this franchise's problems.

Funny how BVS didn't prevent the movies that came right after it, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, from having record breaking opening weekends, but continues to be blamed for the underperformance of the recent movies that WB have worked so hard to distance from it. I'm not saying you're wrong just saying it's funny if true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Funny how BVS didn't prevent the movies that came right after it, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, from having record breaking opening weekends, but continues to be blamed for the underperformance of the recent movies that WB have worked so hard to distance from it. I'm not saying you're wrong just saying it's funny if true.

SS and WW would have been much larger had MOS and BvS hit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

It did but then rather than learning from their mistakes they decided to double down instead. 

They didn’t double down. They went into panic mode and desperately tried to course correct. That’s why they did those reshoots for SS and JL, and why they brought in Geoff Johns. 

41 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They didn’t double down. They went into panic mode and desperately tried to course correct. That’s why they did those reshoots for SS and JL, and why they brought in Geoff Johns. 

That's a good point. I don't think they should've screwed with Suicide Squad since it was more or less done at that point. They 100% should've delayed Justice League though and focused on more solo films for the time being, but they decided to wait until filming was well under way before they tried to course correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

That's a good point. I don't think they should've screwed with Suicide Squad since it was more or less done at that point. They 100% should've delayed Justice League though and focused on more solo films for the time being, but they decided to wait until filming was well under way before they tried to course correct.

JL was already deep into pre-production when BvS was released, and was set to start filming in just a few weeks. Putting everything on hold at the last minute would’ve looked bad to the shareholders. 

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

JL was already deep into pre-production when BvS was released, and was set to start filming in just a few weeks. Putting everything on hold at the last minute would’ve looked bad to the shareholders. 

Nevertheless, that's what they should have done.  It would have saved them a lot of trouble...and ultimately hundreds of millions of dollars.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, excel1 said:

SS and WW would have been much larger had MOS and BvS hit.

That's not really the point. I think the DCEU would still be in a great shape if they had been able to maintain those $100m openings the movies that came directly after BVS were able to deliver, even if you think that's still not enough.

• Thanks 1

James Gunn went after some Snyderfans for using the death of Kevin Conroy to push for the return of the Snyderverse.

God, they just won't five up........

And I have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Chils.....you might get one good movie out of it, but two movies would be stuffed with filler. Mabye this is why Rowling declined. Maybe she will go for a single movie..who knows.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

James Gunn went after some Snyderfans for using the death of Kevin Conroy to push for the return of the Snyderverse.

God, they just won't five up........

And I have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Chils.....you might get one good movie out of it, but two movies would be stuffed with filler. Mabye this is why Rowling declined. Maybe she will go for a single movie..who knows.

Where was that at? It doesn't appear to be on Twitter.