Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Will Beall just landed a two-picture deal with Warner Bros. How is he doing it? Gangster Squad was mediocre, the JL script was called "terrible" by many insiders, and not only does he have this new deal, but he's reportedly working on the Lethal Weapon reboot and Legend of Conan for Universal. HOW? I'm an inspiring writer so I was just wondering, so I can do what he's doing...though I won't completely fault him for the JL script; that's tough and tricky material to put in 130 pages, especially by one person, but still. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74799

Edited by jandrew

Has the Looney Tunes reboot gained any traction? That still happening? I'd love to see them go the Space Jam route again and have them do a sport. Back In Action, no.

Edited by jandrew

Will Beall just landed a two-picture deal with Warner Bros. How is he doing it? Gangster Squad was mediocre, the JL script was called "terrible" by many insiders, and not only does he have this new deal, but he's reportedly working on the Lethal Weapon reboot and Legend of Conan for Universal. HOW? I'm an inspiring writer so I was just wondering, so I can do what he's doing...though I won't completely fault him for the JL script; that's tough and tricky material to put in 130 pages, especially by one person, but still. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74799

Wasn't the original script for Gangster Squad well-received, though? I keep hearing the film was butchered far later in production.

Edited by C00k13

TOP FILMS

45.8 M GANGSTER SQUAD

36.3 M JACK THE GIANT SLAYER

18.8 M BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

09.5 M BULLET TO THE HEAD

Posted Image

TOP FILMS

45.8 M GANGSTER SQUAD

36.3 M JACK THE GIANT SLAYER

18.8 M BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

09.5 M BULLET TO THE HEAD

• Like 1

Wasn't the original script for Gangster Squad well-received, though? I keep hearing the film was butchered far later in production.

I could've been butchered when they had to do reshoots, but it still wouldn't have been too much better IMO. And WB shouldn't let press go all ove the internet calling his JL script "terrible" and what not. They could've messed up his career; that's maybe why they gave him a new deal, I don't know.

Their summer and holiday line ups are really good. Won't call this start OK though.

It is OK. Not good, but fine. They did 200m so far and standing third among studios, only Universal did better out of the big ones. Ahead of Fox, Paramount, Sony and Disney, who will be behind them even after Oz. That's an OK start in my book.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

It is OK. Not good, but fine. They did 200m so far and standing third among studios, only Universal did better out of the big ones. Ahead of Fox, Paramount, Sony and Disney, who will be behind them even after Oz. That's an OK start in my book.

The list I posted only included the films released this year. True, WB has made 200 M plus so far but more than half of that was from THE HOBBIT: AUJ and ARGO. And you said the start isn't good. So it's bad.  ;)