Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

People don’t usually like Jeff Bezos either, but regardless, Zaslav has yet to show any impressive results for Warner Bros. as a company. The little stunt he pulled trying to get people to see the Flash movie blew up in his face. Not a good start. 

What stunt are you referring to?

19 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yeah Zaslav has got to go, it's so bad the biggest directors in Hollywood are now standing against him moving TCM. This guy is a literal poison to WB.

Having fucked up one wb TV etwork brand names with CNN, Zaslrev  is now trying to fuck up another Brand name. 

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know. Most of the arguments I’ve seen against him are about how he comes off like a horribly out of touch snake oil salesman who’s actively pissing off creatives. At least, that’s why I personally don’t like him. 

He pissed off a lot more then creatives with what he did at CNN.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JWR said:

Some of the choices Zaslav is making are smart from a business standpoint and necessary to get WB out of debt. However, the man has a terrible habit of stepping on people's toes and burning bridges with talent.

It's not so much what Zaslav is doing. It's how he's doing it.

I sort of defending the guy early on because I could see the cost cutting measures he took...like cancelling some DC TV shows that were just not pulling their weight no matter how much the fans loved them...were necessary, but a lot of what he has sone since has made no sense excep tto piss off people.

IMHO the worst thing he did was trying to move CNN to the right. Giving two hours of free air time to a wannabe dictator alone is  enought ot earn my hatred.

• Like 1

We are about 2 steps away from WB going full Jack Warner and selling their pre-1980s film library.

All joking aside, as weird as it is to have a "favorite" multi-media conglomerate, WB is the studio that has provided me with much of my favorite films and TV shows and they have a bevy of IPs I love and they are just going out sad.

Edited by TestPattern
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

6 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

We are about 2 steps away from WB going full Jack Warner and selling their pre-1980s film library.

All joking aside, as weird as it is to have a "favorite" multi-media conglomerate, WB is the studio that has provided me with much of my favorite films and TV shows and they have a bevy of IPs I love and they are just going out sad.

what-the-wtf.gif

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

What stunt are you referring to?

Doing a Super Bowl ad when WB hadn’t done one of those since 2006, screening the movie at Cinemacon, telling people it was one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, getting a bunch of endorsements from celebrities and influencers (including that now infamous Tom Cruise story), and doing 50,000 advanced screenings. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

Oh no the music rights from Gone with the Wind are going from WBD to Sony what an absolute tragedy

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

This is like saying people love comcast. Just because people use it, doesn't mean they love it.

Ehhh. People love Amazon. If it went away there would be insanity 

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

Jack Waner is turning over in his grave at what is happening to WB.

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

This is like saying people love comcast. Just because people use it, doesn't mean they love it.

They are not comparable. Comcast is government created monopoly for an essential service and they normally do such a shitty service and you cannot go elsewhere as well. 

Amazon on the other hand is in a highly competitive market. They compete with Costcos and Amazon plus also any of the online ecommerce sites. Only reason people use them(I am a prime member for loonng time) is the sheer convinience it provides. I can order and get things at times in hours !!! Plus you get additional stuff for free like Prime Video. 

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Ehhh. People love Amazon. If it went away there would be insanity 

Because they're created an environment of convenience and put tons of businesses out of business thus creating a semi-monopoly.

People would be fine eventually if they went away.

22 minutes ago, 21C said:

Oh no the music rights from Gone with the Wind are going from WBD to Sony what an absolute tragedy

Not to mention the great Korngold scores..."Robin Hood" being the most famous. and the MGM Muscial scores (which WB picked up when they picked up the MGM film library".  Sad Day.