Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Just now, ChipDerby said:

Because they're created an environment of convenience and put tons of businesses out of business thus creating a semi-monopoly.

People would be fine eventually if they went away.

Not really. The people who use Kindle, for instance. A lot have huge lebraires in that cloud.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not really. The people who use Kindle, for instance. A lot have huge lebraires in that cloud.

Another company would step in, or people would just go back to buying physical books. Libraries also still exist.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

People buy stuff from Amazon. That is not the same as loving it.

People absolutely love the byproduct of using Amazon - dramatically increased amounts of free personal time. Is what it is. DoorDash is same thing. 

I, for one, eagerly awaits what will no doubt be an epic play at credit-stealing from Zaslav after Barbie's opening weekend,

"I knew it would be huge from the second I thought of it"

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

I, for one, eagerly awaits what will no doubt be an epic play at credit-stealing from Zaslav after Barbie's opening weekend,

"I knew it would be huge from the second I thought of it"

If Barbie is as big a hit as the early buzz would suggest, then he sure bet on the wrong horse by going all in on Flash. 

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Barbie is as big a hit as the early buzz would suggest, then he sure bet on the wrong horse by going all in on Flash. 

You do realize that they may have recognized Flash would be another SHAZAM 2 and gave it the push that it received just to get it where it is, right?  Mind you Flash had no trailer to speak of until the super bowl. Flash is obviously going to gross far more than SHAZAM.

That they have seemingly saved Aquaman and Wonka trailers or BARBIE instead of Flash is telling no doubt. 

Edited by excel1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

How exactly are they supposed to finance James Gunn’s ambitious multimedia spanning 10 year plan if they’re so broke they have to resort to selling their own assets? 

Are you not aware of the state of the company pre the merger?

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Are you not aware of the state of the company pre the merger?

We’ve been over this before, but I don’t see what that has to do with my question. If WBD is really in this dire of a financial situation, then how exactly do they expect to get the funding for James Gunn’s DCU?

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

How exactly are they supposed to finance James Gunn’s ambitious multimedia spanning 10 year plan if they’re so broke they have to resort to selling their own assets? 

Studios rarely finance movies all by themselves. They can request investment from banks, financing companies, etc.

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It's simple. They won't. It's painfully obvious Zaslav is planning on selling Warner off next year after his pump and dump scheme is complete. It'll be up to the next Warner regime to decide if Gunn's slate is worth it. And after the recent string of DC flops poisoning the brand, I fear they won't want to fund that slate, and then Gunn and Safran will get pissed and leave just like the many DC movie heads before them. And then it'll be Batman city for the next decade. At least Superman Legacy is getting made. I won't be surprised if the next Warner regime puts everything else on hold until that movie is released. It'll all depend on that movie if that slate is going to ever happen.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

You do realize that they may have recognized Flash would be another SHAZAM 2 and gave it the push that it received just to get it where it is, right?  Mind you Flash had no trailer to speak of until the super bowl. Flash is obviously going to gross far more than SHAZAM.

That they have seemingly saved Aquaman and Wonka trailers or BARBIE instead of Flash is telling no doubt. 

I wouldn’t say “far more.” If it’s lucky it’ll pass 300M WW. That’s below Shazam 1 and not much more than Shazam 2, which is pretty bad considering how much they pushed it.

If he knew The Flash would be a Shazam 2, maybe he should’ve let that happen. Because all they have now is a movie that garnered a ton of negative attention for DC and the company, and the film still won’t come close to breaking even.

Yeah no way the JamesGunn verse is happening, it looks like it may if the new Superman movie is really good and makes a ton of cash. in the mean time I can see them pushing the breaks on anything but Batman related productions. Which is smart IMO, they have a talented guy making good adaptations and expanding a small Gotham universe.

And yeah, someone is buying WB & DC, maybe Apple, maybe Universal, who knows.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

And then it'll be Batman city for the next decade. At least Superman Legacy is getting made. I won't be surprised if the next Warner regime puts everything else on hold until that movie is released. It'll all depend on that movie if that slate is going to ever happen.

If they did that, they’d be far better, and more sensible owners of the DC IP than anybody else has been. 

You don’t get to do your silly bloody shared universe successfully, until you’ve shown the audience you can just make one good movie.