Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Yeah, WB has strong IP...but Disney's IP right now is simply god tier.

True, Harry Potter was a huge moneyspinner but they only license it from JK Rowling rather than own it outright, same with LOTR and The Hobbit and even then, The Hobbit film rights actually belong to MGM, They haven't acquired any major studios or companies unlike Disney in a long time.

Scooby Doo, Flintstones, DC, MGM cartoons and the rest don't equal SW, Marvel, Pixar, Pirates by a long shot.

Pirates is dead, and dc+MArvel if done correctly, but yeah disney is the king of properties right now with their star wars purchase, pixar is on the decline though

That Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes reboot...is that still happening? Wasnt Jenny Slate writing the LT script like 2 years ago, how long does she need? Aint like she gotta worry about SNL. But for real was that all talk or will we be seeing this soon? My bet is no since the Jetsons still hasnt come out.nshame, Warner has the HB, MGM, and CN library at their disposal, but is doing nothing with it.

That Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes reboot...is that still happening? Wasnt Jenny Slate writing the LT script like 2 years ago, how long does she need? Aint like she gotta worry about SNL.But for real was that all talk or will we be seeing this soon? My bet is no since the Jetsons still hasnt come out.nshame, Warner has the HB, MGM, and CN library at their disposal, but is doing nothing with it.

They do straight to DVD Scooby and Tom and Jerry films, but that's it.

They do straight to DVD Scooby and Tom and Jerry films, but that's it.

Since 2008 theyve announced a live action Jetsons movie, a hybrid Tom and Jerry, and a fully animated Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo. I have yet to hear anymore about them. I even think there was a Ben 10 movie planned. I dont care about DTDVD movies, they need to make progress with these announcements.

Since 2008 theyve announced a live action Jetsons movie, a hybrid Tom and Jerry, and a fully animated Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo. I have yet to hear anymore about them. I even think there was a Ben 10 movie planned. I dont care about DTDVD movies, they need to make progress with these announcements.

Are you surprised? They can barely make DC films, why would you expect it to be any better for them when it comes to theatrically released films based off cartoons?

Besides "development hell" exists for a reason.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Warner Bros really don't exploit their libraries like Disney, i like Scooby Doo but there are many Hanna Barbera characters that could be adapted for a film like The Jetsons or Wacky Races, Ben 10 I think has potential to work as a live action film. The recent Thundercats reboot was pretty good, there would also work as a film,I think they're making progress with DC in terms of films although I would say that they've not neglected it as a whole since they've been DTVs and TV series with Lois and Clark, Smallville, Arrow etc

• Like 3

I still wonder why Robinov got kicked out. 

As much as Robinov sounded like a decent guy, he had too much unrealistic expectations (he expected MOS to make more than The Dark Knight).

Under his reign, WB was slow, not that they aren't slow now when it comes to DC adaptions, but at least we have stuff like Arrow.

Edited by Fancyarcher

As much as Robinov sounded like a decent guy, he had too much unrealistic expectations (he expected MOS to make more than The Dark Knight).

Under his reign, WB was slow, not that they aren't slow now when it comes to DC adaptions, but at least we have stuff like Arrow.

he was being hyperbolic, he didn't actually mean that hell the studio projections for opening weekend were 85 million

he was being hyperbolic, he didn't actually mean that hell the studio projections for opening weekend were 85 million

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

Warner Bros. motion pictures group president Jeff Robinov went so far as to predict it will be the studio’s highest performer ever.

Yeah, well clearly he had high expectations for the film.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

Warner Bros. motion pictures group president Jeff Robinov went so far as to predict it will be the studio’s highest performer ever.

Yeah, well clearly he had high expectations for the film.

hyperbolic, he was on his way out anyway, why did WB predict an 85 OW then