Impact

Favorite John Williams Score

John Williams is this generation's Beethoven.BTW, too bad people didnt mention his score on SW prequels often. IMO "Duel of the fates" and "Love across the stars" matches the brilliance of what he did for OT. Maybe it's because the prequels aint the same memorable films like OT was.

Edited by vc2002

Even though I like all the Star Wars movies about the same, I wouldn't argue the prequels are better films than the originals (with the possible exception of ROTS over ROTJ).

I would, however, argue that the music in the prequels is better.

My favorite track would have to be the JP theme. If only for the fact that I can listen to that on my iPod over and over and over and over again. I remember the first time I was at Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando, walking into the JP Island and that song was playing ... I got chills.Though I love many many of his other works. The end of E.T. is like whoa."Somewhere In My Memory" (main title) from Home Alone is magical, IMO at least. That and the JP theme are very good at calming me down at work if I get pissed off at something. Even if it's nowhere near Christmas I can listen to this song.Of course his HP scores are great, but so are all the IJ & SW along with several others.

I can see the similarities. They have almost the same structure, but obviously, different notes.Favourite is Potter, which easily has one of the most iconic scores ever (the main theme that is). It's recognised by the vast majority of people nowadays.I love the Home Alone main theme too.

Edited by Heretic