Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

Weird-ass date. Even if they're just looking at Deadpool's success and thinking of owning January with a quality sci-fi movie, why not at least open limited over Christmas and keep a chance to grab a few Oscar nods? (Deakins, production design, etc). It will surprise me if they don't do that. 

7 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Weird-ass date. Even if they're just looking at Deadpool's success and thinking of owning January with a quality sci-fi movie, why not at least open limited over Christmas and keep a chance to grab a few Oscar nods? (Deakins, production design, etc). It will surprise me if they don't do that. 

Since they have ~2 years until release, there's plenty of time to hammer it out. A limited release can be done without consideration of other films, but staking out the wide release is more important.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, teardropmina said:

to me, the Blade Runner cult status has lots to do with Ridley Scott. this project just doesn't make much sense to me without Scott at the helm.  

I also tend to think that Prometheus wouldn't have grossed as much were it not directed by Scott. 

You should be more excited that Scott's not directing. The Martian notwithstanding, Villeneuve is a better director at this point. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

You should be more excited that Scott's not directing. The Martian notwithstanding, Villeneuve is a better director at this point. 

disagree...with Blade Runner, Villeneuve is going to have a field day of his contrived convoluted narrative trickery.  

Edited by teardropmina

17 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

I am glad that the franchise has been moved to different hands but Denis Villeneuve a better director than Ridley Scott? :ohmyzod:

6 hours ago, Total Treecall said:

I am glad that the franchise has been moved to different hands but Denis Villeneuve a better director than Ridley Scott? :ohmyzod:

I'm talking about their recent output. Prisoners and Sicario are better than anything Scott has made in the last decade, including The Martian. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 3