Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

I don't really care about any supposed desecration. BLADE RUNNER's not going to disappear just because this is getting made.

Are you sure? I heard that Ridley Scott is going to personally come to everyone's home and smash their copies of Blade Runner with a hammer when this releases.

• Like 2

Nothing is needed and necessary, of course. But if they're going to do it, I'll withhold rage until I see it. (Actually, I'll probably withhold rage, period. It really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.)

Namaste

• Like 2

I don't really care about any supposed desecration. BLADE RUNNER's not going to disappear just because this is getting made.

Remember how everyone liked Aliens less when Alien 3 desecrated it by killing off Newt and Hicks at the very beginning in addition to not being very good at all?  You could even hear poor Newt's ribcage break apart when they cut her open with a bone saw!  stonklol.001.gif

[sarcasm]

Great news about director.

Bad news about scriptwriter (Green Lantern and Gotham amongs others...).

Bad news about Ford returning, he's just shit in last years.

yu got to be kidding. Indiana jones 4. Ford was amazing. That weird film with the warrior space pilot kid in it, Ford rocked that role as the trainer general as well
  • Like 1

Remember how everyone liked Aliens less when Alien 3 desecrated it by killing off Newt and Hicks at the very beginning in addition to not being very good at all? You could even hear poor Newt's ribcage break apart when they cut her open with a bone saw! stonklol.001.gif

[sarcasm]

man aliens iii. What a shit on the fans that was. That garbage killed off all the greatnessand

and potentially epic storytelling of newt hicks and ripley from the perfection that was camerons stamp on this franchise.:-(

Nothing is needed and necessary, of course. But if they're going to do it, I'll withhold rage until I see it. (Actually, I'll probably withhold rage, period. It really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.)

Tele, you stand for nothing ?

Nothing is sacred ?

I don't like Alien3 much but killing off Biehn and Newt is the least of that movie's problems

Honestly I really like that aspect of it. A lesser sequel would have lived in the warmth of her new family instead of stranding her again

Edited by Chewystasia

Killing Newt and Hicks is totally in line with the sullen and tragic tone the movie is going for. On top of a really beautiful funeral/birth scene it means Ripley has to face everything alone. I don't think it detracts from Aliens at all, but I definitely think it adds a lot to Alien 3. I'm really a masochist when it comes to movies, I love my protagonists to be tortured.

It's gothic, claustrophobic and depressing. Most of the issues people have with it really don't bother me. Elliot Goldenthal's score is incredible, Weaver's never been better, I love Charles S. Dutton in it too. The finale is really emotional to me.

Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3(Assembly cut) would be my favorite trilogy.

• Like 2

Killing Newt and Hicks is totally in line with the sullen and tragic tone the movie is going for. On top of a really beautiful funeral/birth scene it means Ripley has to face everything alone. I don't think it detracts from Aliens at all, but I definitely think it adds a lot to Alien 3. I'm really a masochist when it comes to movies, I love my protagonists to be tortured.

It's gothic, claustrophobic and depressing. Most of the issues people have with it really don't bother me. Elliot Goldenthal's score is incredible, Weaver's never been better, I love Charles S. Dutton in it too. The finale is really emotional to me.

Ha, I just edited my post to say the first part. Yeah, I really appreciate the fact that Alien 3 took the franchise back to its horror roots instead of allowing Ripley to get her happy ending. I really dislike the trend of morphing horror franchises into action ones. We get plenty of action movies

I just think most of the prisoners are terrible, one-note characters (even by horror standards) and the effects are dreadful, even for their time

I do also really like the way Dance is killed off. It almost feels like they're setting him up as another Biehn and then bam

• Like 2

Ha, I just edited my post to say the first part. Yeah, I really appreciate the fact that Alien 3 took the franchise back to its horror roots instead of allowing Ripley to get her happy ending. I really dislike the trend of morphing horror franchises into action ones. We get plenty of action movies

I just think most of the prisoners are terrible, one-note characters (even by horror standards) and the effects are dreadful, even for their time

I do also really like the way Dance is killed off. It almost feels like they're setting him up as another Biehn and then bam

Have you seen the Assembly Cut? Many of the characters are more fleshed out in it.

• Like 2

Nihilism doesn't bother me at all, Fincher was clearly trying to make the "feel bad" Alien movie by focusing on that and hopelessness.  It could've been amazing and worked brilliantly as a "haha fuck you" to the expectations that trilogies are supposed to end happily, but the script is just so sloppy/clunky that it doesn't really work so you're just left with a bitter feeling of "they killed off 2 main characters in the first 2 minutes? Oh....."  Like, it could've worked if it was just Newt that was killed at the start but Hicks survived and he died later in the movie either by his wounds or by an Alien or something.  The way they did it just comes off as really lazy.  I think Alien 3 had the right idea in general.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1