chasmmi

What makes the best horror film charactor

What type of bad guy makes the best horror film?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from below.

• Evil but alive human psychopath
    • Evil but dead human Psychopath
    • Classic Monster
    • Zombies
    • Evil Children
    • Mutants
    • Ghost
    • Possessing Spirit
    • Hell beast / demon / devil
    • Original created for the film monster
    • Torturers
    • Clowns
    • Alien
    • It doesn't matter
    • Other

SO in the spirit of Halloween and all and seeing as there are only 17 polls to choose from on e page one right now I thought I would make one. :)Simple Questions, which type of horror movie character/villain/monster/however you describe the guy/gal/thing that does the killing do you think is most effective as an element of horror?For me it's probably comes down to either the dead unstoppable psychopath ala Elm Street, or the freakishness of some ghost kids like in Grudge and Ring. But what do others think?

I chose alive human psychopath, ghost and beast/demon/devil. Was thinking of possessing spirit too, but that'd be too much, plus I like ghosts and demons better.Definitely not zombies, children or mutants. Doesn't mean the films with them are bad, they just don't make for compelling villains 99% of the time.

An evil, living psychopath is the scariest. Characters like The Joker, Moriarty in the tv show Sherlock, Anton Chigurh and Buffalo Bill really get under my skin more than Freddy Kruger (who i found badass and hilarious) or a bunch of zombies

Edited by Jack Skellington

An evil, living psychopath is the scariest. Characters like The Joker, Moriarty in the tv show Sherlock, Anton Chigurh and Buffalo Bill really get under my skin more than Freddy Kruger (who i found badass and hilarious) or a bunch of zombies

I can agree with this to an extent.My problem however is when you have a situation like Halloween where Mike Myers seems to be indestructable despite just being a psychopath. It's the reason why I personally cannot enjoy Halloween as much as some other franchises because I cannot believe he should still be alive.With something like Elm street that's not an issue.

Had to go with living psychopath because when I watched the first Halloween, that's all Myers was. He wasn't this unstoppable force that could take 10 bullets. Just a nut stalking babysitters in your everyday neighborhood wrecking havoc. That very real threat so close to home is what makes it very scary. That it could happen on any given night at my own home for no other reason than the guy being a psychopath. I also chose what Algren stated because those things that I cannot see or understand but may pose a threat is a terrifying thought.

• Like 1

Had to go with living psychopath because when I watched the first Halloween, that's all Myers was. He wasn't this unstoppable force that could take 10 bullets. Just a nut stalking babysitters in your everyday neighborhood wrecking havoc. That very real threat so close to home is what makes it very scary. That it could happen on any given night at my own home for no other reason than the guy being a psychopath.

That's how I feel as well and why I chose that option. The original was more of a stalking film which made it even more scary to me.

The whole Loomis speech with "..the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes" just really made it all that more creepy. Plus just calling him the Shape and everything made you realize that the guy could have been just anyone. Pretty freaky

• Like 1

Evil child.The Exorcist, The Omen, Rosemary's Baby... Those kind of movies are the most disturbing to me. It's funny, because when I first watched the latter two, I thought they were overrated. Then I had a dream about having a child with a woman, and being told it's the child of Satan. The whole idea just creeps me out.