Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

Guys, stuff like this just gives people immense headaches for making BO predictions which in turn gives the person doing actuals a headache.To be honest, it rarely seems like people take IMAX or 3D into account for predictions.

Are we supposed to take IMAX in account for predictions? I just assumed IMAX was a non factor. I only really take 3D into account when doing my predictions, and also review the movies a little more harshly when it isn't native 3D ;)

Are we supposed to take IMAX in account for predictions? I just assumed IMAX was a non factor. I only really take 3D into account when doing my predictions, and also review the movies a little more harshly when it isn't native 3D ;)

Honestly I don't know, we've had people list films in 3D before but this is the first year where almost everyone is trying to put a film (or three) in IMAX.I just avoid 3D (because I don't like it) and never considered using IMAX. That said the only films I would consider releasing in IMAX are the SW films I make.

No way. Adventures of Chris Smith is IMAX and it is released in the week before. And there will be another movie also in IMAX released on June 11. So don't even think about that :P I am not letting any of my IMAX theaters go away.

You know, I've been through a lot lately, so, you know, just ignore this slight change for now >:(

Yeah. It seems like people suddenly realized in this game that IMAX exists and are gorging like a bear getting ready for hibernation.

Isn't the point of the game supposed to make it more realistic :P Edited by etr906

There's a war for IMAX on Independence Day weekend, but that implies that Starcraft won't get any IMAX. That seems kind of silly, doesn't it?

There's so many films coming out in IMAX now it seems like the format will add nothing to the gross.

Honestly, it's not like IMAX adds that much to the gross anyways. Maybe it will boost a film by 3-5 million on its opening weekend, and a couple million overall, but it's not like it's going to add 50 million to the gross. So this rush to schedule films in IMAX seems futile.

Honestly, it's not like IMAX adds that much to the gross anyways. Maybe it will boost a film by 3-5 million on its opening weekend, and a couple million overall, but it's not like it's going to add 50 million to the gross. So this rush to schedule films in IMAX seems futile.

I've gone with what I think will look better dramatically in IMAX and scheduled them. Other than that, I've looked at real life IMAX movies and made decisions based on that. It seems weird though IMAX has been around for ages and some of us have been insistently using them that people have just realise that it exists. At 15 films for year 5 and counting it's going overboard. A total of 29 films will be in IMAX in 2012 including a few region specific ones, and each calendar year in real life has about 3x the films than CAYOM. Bit of an imbalance going on. ;)

Yea, I don't think IMAX makes much difference when it comes to actuals. I thought it's a good idea to have an IMAX schedule, but some people have no clue how IMAX works and they don't use common sense either. IMAX schedule is pretty simple normally, max. 15 films a year, sometimes only 12-13. Big blockbusters often get 4-6 weeks, that should be an example. You can't have new release every week, definitely no more than 6 films during the entire summer.

Yea, I don't think IMAX makes much difference when it comes to actuals. I thought it's a good idea to have an IMAX schedule, but some people have no clue how IMAX works and they don't use common sense either. IMAX schedule is pretty simple normally, max. 15 films a year, sometimes only 12-13. Big blockbusters often get 4-6 weeks, that should be an example. You can't have new release every week, definitely no more than 6 films during the entire summer.

There are about 15 bigger films a year, but in 2012 29 films will be release in IMAX, including the Indie Week long re-release, and Titanic. I also checked, and before 2011, you're right, 15 films is about the max. Edited by riczhang

The big problem with the schedule, IMO, was that it wasn't posted earlier. That way, only the seriously pre-planned releases and blockbuster hopefuls would have gotten an IMAX release, while there can probably be more flexibility with 3D.

The big problem with the schedule, IMO, was that it wasn't posted earlier. That way, only the seriously pre-planned releases and blockbuster hopefuls would have gotten an IMAX release, while there can probably be more flexibility with 3D.

Or WB films. ;):P