baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

"I'll oil you up and rub you down. And that's just one small fraction of the main attraction. Oh, I need action. T-t-t-t-touch me! I wanna feel dirty!"Oh, Emma, how I got a boner watching that part.

Perv. :P

Saturday Numbers are in ...

1. Paranormal Activity 4 (Paramount) NEW [3,412 Runs] R

Friday $15.0M, Saturday $9.3M, Weekend $30.0M

2. Argo (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,247 Runs] R

Friday $5.0M (-14%), Saturday $7.3M, Weekend $16.7M, Cume $43.3M

3. Taken 2 (Fox) Week 3 [3,489 Runs] PG13

Friday $4.2M, Saturday $5.9M, Weekend $13.3M, Cume $106.0M

4. Hotel Transylvania (Sony) Week 4 [3,384 Runs] PG

Friday $3.6M, Saturday $5.8M, Weekend $13.2M, Cume $118.7M

4. Alex Cross (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [2,539 Runs] PG13

Friday $4.0M, Saturday $4.8M, Weekend $12.0M

6. Sinister (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 2 [2,542 Runs] R

Friday $2.9M, Saturday $3.8M, Weekend $8.9M (-51%), Cume $31.8M

7. Here Comes The Boom (Sony) Week 2 [3,014 Runs] PG

Friday $2.5M, Saturday $3.7M, Weekend $8.5M (-27%), Cume $23.3M

8. Pitch Perfect (Universal) Week 4 [2,660 Runs] PG13

Friday $2.3M, Saturday $2.9M, Weekend $6.8M, Cume $45.6M

9. Frankenweenie (Disney) Week 3 [2,362 Runs] PG

Friday $1.1M, Saturday $1.8M, Weekend $4.3M, Cume $28.3M

10. Looper (FilmDistrict/Sony) Week 4 [2,223 Runs] R

Friday $1.2M, Saturday $1.8M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $57.8

$30m for a fourth movie is not bad, but $30m for a fourth movie in a franchise that has terrible legs is really bad. It might not even get to $60m because the legs are so bad. On the flipside, the budget was $5m, so $30m becomes a great number again. We could do this all day, going around in circles.Basically it's not a good number if you're a fan of the franchise, but if you're a studio exec, it's fine.

• Like 1

$30m for a fourth movie is not bad, but $30m for a fourth movie in a franchise that has terrible legs is really bad. It might not even get to $60m because the legs are so bad. On the flipside, the budget was $5m, so $30m becomes a great number again. We could do this all day, going around in circles.Basically it's not a good number if you're a fan of the franchise, but if you're a studio exec, it's fine.

With this budgets we'll see PA16....
  • Like 1

Besides Saw and PA, can you find another horror franchise that has done this well four episodes in? I think Final Destination is one, but before that, I'd say you'd have to go as far back as Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Edited by Halloween baumer

Besides Saw and PA, can you find another horror franchise that has done this well four episodes in? I think Final Destination is one, but before that, I'd say you'd have to go as far back as Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Chucky? :lol: That was a funny horror series...

It should be able to pull in around 75M Domestic, then it's lights out and on to the Holiday movies and off to DVD/Blu-Ray World where the tagline for the Blu-Ray DVD Release will be like they did for PROMETHEUS: "All your questions will be answered for PA4 Extended Edition with an Alternate Ending type of bullshit..

It's not going to get a 2.5 multiplier bud. None of them have.