71 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The reception that Cloud Atlas is getting on here makes me so happy. I think there are at least 4 people here who have it as the best film of 2012, and many more that loved it. Seriously , the reception here is comparable to, if not greater than, that of TDKR/Skyfall/Avengers, and so on.

Definitely a big suprise.I was surprised by the excellent trailer, but I thought I was being deluded, that the final product would have much lower quality than the trailer promised.I couldn't be more wrong.Cloud Atlas has all qualities mentioned above, the highlights were the music (Cloud Atlas End Titles is the most perfect song I ever heard) and the emotion provided by exellent acting.The three hours running time never really seemed three hours and actually I hoped that had more time. The only bad thing about it is some laughable makeup, really.top 3 of 2012 definitely, maybe in the repeat views I might put in first I thinkA-

Edited by Goffe of Oz
  • Like 1

I still can't believe that Time.com has Cloud Atlas as its worst movie of 2012

I got angry when I read that. I don't care if you didn't like the movie, it's stupid to call Cloud Atlas- the most ambitious independent movie ever made- the worst movie of a year when dozens of projects don't even try.
  • Like 2

It's not just Time, Cloud Atlas is showing up on a number of Worst-of-the-year lists. I bet that a lot of them are looking for shock value. Either way, putting this film on the level of works such as That's My Boy and Battleship is insulting, and I won't listen to anyone who does so.

• Like 6

It's not just Time, Cloud Atlas is showing up on a number of Worst-of-the-year lists. I bet that a lot of them are looking for shock value.Either way, putting this film on the level of works such as That's My Boy and Battleship is insulting, and I won't listen to anyone who does so.

I didn't like Cloud Atlas at all but it definitely shouldn't be listed next to That's My Boy. 

No date yet but rumor it will come in June

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10393

God, I still think about this movie. How the hell did this movie gross so low. The movie was so magically one best theater experience I have had in a long time. 

First and foremost, Warner Bros dumped it. They felt the movie wouldn't make much money, so they didn't put very much effort into marketing it. It almost makes strange sense since Argo, which they backed from the ground-up, turned into a leggy hit and appeared to be on track to take #1 the weekend Cloud Atlas was set to open (and it did). And after the self-fulfilling prophecy of its poor opening, they left it to rot (which is really the only option they had with so many huge movies entering the market in November).

I think the running time worked against it as well. Running time doesn't mean that much for huge event movies that get a handful of screens per location when they get released, but most theaters ran Cloud Atlas on just one screen, which limited it to three showings per day. That's fine if you're set on when you're seeing the movie, but it doesn't necessarily do many favors to snap moviegoers that show up at the box office at any given time and have a look up at the board to see what's playing soon.

Definitely a big suprise.I was surprised by the excellent trailer, but I thought I was being deluded, that the final product would have much lower quality than the trailer promised.I couldn't be more wrong.Cloud Atlas has all qualities mentioned above, the highlights were the music (Cloud Atlas End Titles is the most perfect song I ever heard) and the emotion provided by exellent acting.The three hours running time never really seemed three hours and actually I hoped that had more time. The only bad thing about it is some laughable makeup, really.top 3 of 2012 definitely, maybe in the repeat views I might put in first I thinkA-

My thoughts exactly.  The only bad parts were some of the makeup, but thats big non-issue in the grand scheme of things with this movie. People who make a big deal about some of the makeup probably didn't like the movie anyways.