• Josh Hutcherson
    • Anton Yelchin
    • Ryan Gosling
    • Liam Hemsworth
    • Alex Pettyfer
    • James Franco
    • Aaron Johnson
    • Other (please name)

You need to pick someone who at least looks reasonably similar to Mark Hamill wth the aid of makeup.Second, you need to pick an appropriate age depending on how far after ROTJ the sequel takes place. Let's say 5-10 years, which would make Luke 28-33.Based on those two critera, you can exclude JGL (looks), Hutcherson (too young, looks), Yelchin (looks, too young), Hemsworth (looks, too young), Pettyfer (too young), Johnson (too young), Franco (looks).Only Gosling and Hedlund are the right age and generally similar hair/facial structure, with Hedlund having a more similar rounded face.

Josh Hutcheson can only play Yoda. They won`t need any shrinking CGI. or R2 if they put him on a chair.JGL fans terrify me. I thought he looked awful with blue lenses and have no desire to sit though the horror of his blond wig. Why do you people want Farrell-as-Alexander fate for him?The Claf.

Edited by fishnets

You need to pick someone who at least looks reasonably similar to Mark Hamill wth the aid of makeup.Second, you need to pick an appropriate age depending on how far after ROTJ the sequel takes place. Let's say 5-10 years, which would make Luke 28-33.Based on those two critera, you can exclude JGL (looks), Hutcherson (too young, looks), Yelchin (looks, too young), Hemsworth (looks, too young), Pettyfer (too young), Johnson (too young), Franco (looks).Only Gosling and Hedlund are the right age and generally similar hair/facial structure, with Hedlund having a more similar rounded face.

At first I was confused about why the choices were all young actors. I just assumed it would be Mark Hamill. That's been the consensus pick since 2005. But you make a good point. Luke wasn't that old in ROTJ and if Episode 7 starts just a few years later then he'll still be under 40. Wow, that revelation hit like an ounce of bricks. I very much would like to see Mark reprise his role, even if it means 30 years have passed since ROTJ.