A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

TBG is holdling surprisingly well. Its per show attendance (in %) has pulled ahead of TF4 on Thursday. It's still doing over 30m on workdays. Clearly, it is heading to 600~700m range, huge hit by comedy standard.Director-debuts:Xu Zheng --- Lost in Thailand ---- 1.266BVictor Zhao --- So Young ---- 712mGuo Jingming --- Tiny Times ---- 500mDeng Chao --- TBG --- 600m+Hanhan, another Chinese writer who is as famous as Guo Jingming, soon will release his director debut Continent, which is supposed to be another huge hit, on July 24th.So, if you are a famous star (wether an actor, a writer, a singer, or a sports star) in China, highly recommend you to make your director film debut. It's easy money.

Should be Vicki Zhao.Its really good to see a local film doing well off the back of transformers. I don't like foreign movies running all over local box office but i dont think they should be banned so this is the best of both worlds.

Should be Vicki Zhao.Its really good to see a local film doing well off the back of transformers. I don't like foreign movies running all over local box office but i dont think they should be banned so this is the best of both worlds.

But... ... Hollywood likes their movies running all over local box office... :P

Looks like TF4 won't be seeing a nice bump on Friday as many expected. Early estimation suggests around $15.4m, only a 16% jump from Thursday.

Weibo haven't release the est. numbers yet so the est. numbers which you provided will be the same as weibo?

Weibo haven't release the est. numbers yet so the est. numbers which you provided will be the same as weibo?

http://weibo.com/u/1854565261

It's necessary to mention that during this wknd a lot of big cities are getting hit by heavy rain. That must've played a part, but after burning at full speed for a full week it's only inevitable that TF4 is gonna slow down at some point.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1