A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

TASM will definitely not beat TA in China; that's what I think.

I think some people are letting bias get in their way here. Spider-Man is by far the most popular worldwide hero so overseas it has a strong chance of beating Avengers whether you want to admit it or not

I think some people are letting bias get in their way here. Spider-Man is by far the most popular worldwide hero so overseas it has a strong chance of beating Avengers whether you want to admit it or not

No matter how it's popular worldwide, we are talking about the Chinese market here, which is quite different from worldwide's taste, especially on super heros.And I'm sorry, I want TASM to do well too. I don't see any bias here in this thread, however, in the actual life around my friends and college BBS who are the frequent moviegoers, they have bias on super heros. And I would say this bias view is very common across China.Spidey3 did well in China because of movie market exploding. It will definitely grow this time. But you cannot expect it to grow to the level as high as $100M. Even Harry Potter doesn't achieve that height.

Not really. I think TASM is way overhyped by you. I don't see any difference between Spidey and other Marvel heros. I can feel the same bias view on Spidey as that on other Marvel heros from my friends, of the age mid-20s (I'm a fan, though :lol: ).

I think POTC4 is not a good comparison to Spidey. The largest draw of POTC series is Depp and the epic visual effect, which always works well in China. And also POTC type movie is well received in China. On the hand, even if TASM is not a reboot, with all the original cast back, it won't have the same increase we see in POTC4. It's intrinsically still a super hero movie. Now it's rebooted, it tells the similar story again. I don't think it will do much well. I never know how this super hype comes from. However, I do believe that it will attract much more female moviegoers than TA. :D

TASM might not even beat TA in China. Mark my words ;)

;)

Will do that.

Sipdey is the best Superhero ever :P

Shit, I thought you were Druv ...

Didn't Spider-Man 3 do really well in China for the time? I think Amazing Spider-Man has a lot of potential there

You are right.

Any updates on Titanic's numbers?What does it look like its grossing this week?!

Probabaly another 20M.

TASM will definitely not beat TA in China; that's what I think.

definitely ? Lets see how TA performs first. :lol:

No matter how it's popular worldwide, we are talking about the Chinese market here, which is quite different from worldwide's taste, especially on super heros.And I'm sorry, I want TASM to do well too. I don't see any bias here in this thread, however, in the actual life around my friends and college BBS who are the frequent moviegoers, they have bias on super heros. And I would say this bias view is very common across China.Spidey3 did well in China because of movie market exploding. It will definitely grow this time. But you cannot expect it to grow to the level as high as $100M. Even Harry Potter doesn't achieve that height.

The HP movies didnt explode as rapidly as other series in China is becasue it has limited fanbase (though it has big fanbase but still limited). You cant expect someone suddenly goes to see HP5/6/7 and understands/enjoys it without going through HP1/2/3/4. So unlike Spidey or POTC, HP is more like hardcore fan driving film instead of visual effects driving.All 3 Spidey movies ranked top three in the yearly chart in China box office while the ranking of HP movies just fell down one after another. That is to say, for HP, the growing of its fanbase couldnt match the growing of the market. Spidey, on the other hand, is more like POTC and TF, which has their biggest draw as big actions and stunning visual effects.

Wont happen. B)

Seriously ? :P Edited by firedeep

Not really. I think TASM is way overhyped by you. I don't see any difference between Spidey and other Marvel heros. I can feel the same bias view on Spidey as that on other Marvel heros from my friends, of the age mid-20s (I'm a fan, though :lol: ).I think POTC4 is not a good comparison to Spidey. The largest draw of POTC series is Depp and the epic visual effect, which always works well in China. And also POTC type movie is well received in China. On the hand, even if TASM is not a reboot, with all the original cast back, it won't have the same increase we see in POTC4. It's intrinsically still a super hero movie. Now it's rebooted, it tells the similar story again. I don't think it will do much well. I never know how this super hype comes from. However, I do believe that it will attract much more female moviegoers than TA. :DTASM might not even beat TA in China. Mark my words ;)

If TASM's 3D effects are better than Avatar, it might gross more than Avatar in total in China.Avengers is a smaller name than Spiderman in China.Reboot? Tens of millions of Chinese audiences don't care about it at all.

If TASM's 3D effects are better than Avatar, it might gross more than Avatar in total in China.

Wait, you just found yourself a good excuse to use when TASM failed to even come close to Avatar. Pretty smart. :P Edited by vc2002

Didn't Spider-Man 3 do really well in China for the time? I think Amazing Spider-Man has a lot of potential there

SM3 had broken the historical OD and OW record of imported films in China.The film market capacity in 2012 is far larger than 2007. Edited by SentryTrans

Well, let's wait and see. As I said before, if one movie wants to behave like Avatar/TF3/Titanic, at least the frequent moviegoers around me and in my college have great interest in it. TASM doesn't at the moment. So that's why I said I don't know how this superhype comes from. I'm willing to change my avatar to spidey if I'm wrong. ;)