A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

By the way, when is that annoying Subers guy gonna make a AoU vs FF7 showdown in BOM. He's abandoned the site completely in the last few weeks, only writing a weekly weekend report.

Subers and BOM have parted ways (whether he chose to leave or was let go isn't known).

Your first paragraph is already wrong.  TA2 is not losing ground to IM3, it's gaining. It opened a little less than 10% higher on it's opening w/e and as of Mon is now 11% higher and 18% higher for comparative Mondays.   IM3 next two weekends were against Star Trek and then FF6 + The Hangover - much bigger competition and it's drops were 50% and 46% (31% with 4 Day Memorial day).  Also, looking at second Mondays it's already holding better than FF7 where it's 48%+ higher  when it's opening w/e was about 30% higher.

AOU OW was deflated by sporting events on sat and sunday.   The weekdays having a larger spread reflects the sports deflation and caused in increase in the percentage total. bottom line: AOU fell 59.2% to 58.4% the following weekend even with a deflated OW.  The first weekend was 10% ahead in $, the second was just 7.2% ahead, next weekend will be flat. That's shrinkage son, like jumpin into ice cold water!

FF7 dropped 51% for weekend 3. I don't think AoU holds that well.

Competition or lack there of means nothing when it comes to so so WOM

Subers and BOM have parted ways (whether he chose to leave or was let go isn't known).

:'(

I was worried this happened when the recent weekend report wasn't written by him. 

HOLY SHMOLY!!! I hadn't realised it. To be fair, the site was suffering ever since Brandon Gray left (his departure was not necessarily the cause but if anything, it indicated there was something fishy going on). That as well as the closing of the Box Office Mojo forums was a bad move.

But OMG, this is just unbelievable. I read the weekend report this week but didn't notice the author. However, I was quite disappointed with the title (Ultron Hot, Pursuit Not) which was just copied from other entertainment websites' weekend reports.

Edited by Quigley

HOLY SHMOLY!!! I hadn't realised it. To be fair, the site was suffering ever since Brandon Gray left (his departure was not necessarily the cause but if anything, it indicated there was something fishy going on). That as well as the closing of the Box Office Mojo forums was a bad move.

But OMG, this is just unbelievable. I read the weekend report this week but didn't notice the author. However, I was quite disappointed with the title (Ultron Hot, Pursuit Not) which was just copied from other entertainment websites' weekend reports.

I didn't notice the different author at first, but after reading for about 10 seconds I thought, "This isn't Ray writing", and realised that it is indeed someone else. It's a shame :(

I preferred Ray's articles to Brandon's.

Fast Furious 7 was nothing special. Other than the Walker tribute it was a generic action film. Not as good as Fast 6 and definitely not as good as 5

AoU wasn't special. Just the same plot as the first Avengers, with a worse villain.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

I didn't notice the different author at first, but after reading for about 10 seconds I thought, "This isn't Ray writing", and realised that it is indeed someone else. It's a shame :(

I preferred Ray's articles to Brandon's.

I re-read part of the article and it is indeed pretty bad.

RIP. He sucked.

His projections were as bad as a blind man looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there.

I loved the declining BO revenue on foreign weekly gross. He put in the XR for the entire run in a given week instead of applying the current XR for the current week. Easy spreadsheet change. Lazy not to figure it out or ask for help, stupid to actually post a smaller revenue after more tickets were sold. Lazy and stupid not to change it.

I lliked Brandon. I liked the derby and he was in the top 5 a lot. Don't know why they got rid of it. I thought the whole Idea of a websight was page views. I'm sure that generated a lot of page views?

boxoffice should do a derby. not in a thread but on its own page with stats of players like BOM had. I took second a few times, never 1st dammit and then it ended. It was fun, a couple guys were in the top 5 a lot and hard to beat. played it for nearly 10 years.

Tuesday estimates:

Age of Ultron: 124M/$20M, total:338M/$54.5m(2 Days)

Oh boy.... Wednesday again seems down from estimates, around 118M

Tue 212

Wed 118

Thurs 100

Fri 120

Sat 190

Sun 160

900M by Sunday. 1.5B ($240m) finish probably.

anyone can answer my question on what Avengers 2 looks to finish with?

China? 235m +/- 10%. too early to tell. need to see Friday- Saturday

WW? 1.400B +/- 50m again depending on China mostly

Edited by M F Lawrence