A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

7 minutes ago, numble said:

Can someone explain how Maoyan works? I guess Gewara only shows tickets bought through its service, but Maoyan is tracking more than that?

Maoyan and Cbooo gives real time data. Gewara just ticket solds.

42 minutes ago, numble said:

Can someone explain how Maoyan works? I guess Gewara only shows tickets bought through its service, but Maoyan is tracking more than that?

It's real time yuan sales. It can be off by a few percent but it's close enough.  The 13m you see now is all pre-sales for today. As showtimes start going off now the numbers will rise quickly and can be tracked. Looking for it increase about 3.3m per hour from 10am to 10pm. You can Guage the run rate by 1pm.

2 hours ago, druv10 Maul said:

Maoyan and Cbooo gives real time data. Gewara just ticket solds.

They both are estimated data.Maoyan estimated data according to the presale on its website.The only accurate deta update once at 21:30. The website is below.http://111.205.151.7/movies/0

Edited by bangbingchan

"China led the way as the final international market to open with an estimated two-day weekend (total) of US$53 million, making it the highest Sat/Sun opening of all-time there as well as the biggest industry opening Saturday of all-time," a statement from Disney said.

Is this statement for real?

Just now, sgchn40 said:

"China led the way as the final international market to open with an estimated two-day weekend (total) of US$53 million, making it the highest Sat/Sun opening of all-time there as well as the biggest industry opening Saturday of all-time," a statement from Disney said.

Is this statement for real?

Technically, it is. However it's the only movie to open on a Saturday(blockbuster movie). Furious 7 made 52M on Sunday alone.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Annayya said:

Excellent. Glad to hear that Star Wars will do poorly in China.

I just don't understand what's so good about this movie that people in USA, Canada, UK are crazy about.

Now, if somehow it doesn't beat the Titanic Worldwide Gross I will be happier.

There's no way it can reach Avatar anyway at the current rate its declining at most world markets including domestic.

I don't think it's overly difficult to understand how an epic, amazing series of films that have succeeded with multiple generations over almost 40 years is beloved by fans worldwide. We have fans in every country and, yes, it's by far the biggest entertainment property worldwide, but especially in the English-speaking world. Are you a chick? I guess a lot of girls didn't grow up with Star Wars, but every guy did. Even if I didn't, I would have become a fan. The films are incredible to watch and for me were very inspiring. It's the reason I became a writer and then a filmmaker. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I don't think it's overly difficult to understand how an epic, amazing series of films that have succeeded with multiple generations over almost 40 years is beloved by fans worldwide. We have fans in every country and, yes, it's by far the biggest entertainment property worldwide, but especially in the English-speaking world. Are you a chick? I guess a lot of girls didn't grow up with Star Wars, but every guy did. Even if I didn't, I would have become a fan. The films are incredible to watch and for me were very inspiring. It's the reason I became a writer and then a filmmaker. 

Wow, this is a really arrogant post.  China didn't know anything about Star Wars.  They didn't grow up with it so to say it's not difficult to understand is a real dick thing to say.  China has a billion people, India has a billion people and they have their own Hollywood.  They have stars there that we have never heard of in North America.  Your statement is a kin to someone like Fake coming in here and telling you that you are strange if you don't know who Salman Khan is.  You can't assume that everyone is going to love what you do and to say that SW is the biggest film property world wide is also wrong.  I'm a massive SW fan, but it's not the biggest film property in the world.  Sorry dude, but your post is so very wrong in so many ways.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Annayya said:

Excellent. Glad to hear that Star Wars will do poorly in China.

I just don't understand what's so good about this movie that people in USA, Canada, UK are crazy about.

Now, if somehow it doesn't beat the Titanic Worldwide Gross I will be happier.

There's no way it can reach Avatar anyway at the current rate its declining at most world markets including domestic.

Just because you don´t understand why is so liked, that is enough reason to wish this film flop in China?  I don´t understand your hate, is just a movie....... Are you a fan of Transformers or what?

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Are you a chick?

I guess a lot of girls didn't grow up with Star Wars, but every guy did.

Hello?

1. what?

2. what again?

Wrong kind of question, please be aware some terms are understood in a very negative way (never used in a respectful manner at best interpretation) in some regions / by people, than in others that deem those as (just?) still o.K., depending on the region.

3. what BS is that kind of question? I know a lot of female fans, I am one myself.

Please do research, watch with an open eye old pictures of the waiting lines then (1977),... often the females by far outweighed the male count on it.

I was there (in my country and via the news, as it made the news then too), already working, I did not re-write the history based on boy's toy sales,...  = arrrgggghhhhh

4. I know also quite some males who do not love it, neither then nor the middle trilogy nor the actual starting one.

As you should know, see the reactions of others in the dom threads.

5. hmmm sloppy sloppy, and you are a writer,... ? So, we do not have the same amount/splits/percentages of similar aged females to males? Females are the majority in western countries.... (I am aware you meant something else)

6. Read up on 'Cultural Revolution' in China, look up when what happened then, later on, how the actual development started, why cinema... changed to actual numbers and situations. Read up on the rise of local movies (and film festivals), read up on differing general perception of humor (that is always cultural based), on the impact a translation can have,...

Read up a lot in general, before so extremely make a fool of of yourself. And yes, this time it is as directly meant as it is here in my region the tradition (seemingly a harsh speaking way)

You do the US and the SW fan-dom a huge disservice behaving as ignorant as shown here (and elsewhere) to local POV, history , ....

7. this is a in general nicely speaking forum (BOT, and especially the China sub-forum), supportive,... yes, they quip... again and again, but mostly still very respectfully (baring a very few threads in BOT), especially if nothing just had ppl rattled. Please come down to that style of behaving, the last few days were nearly intolerable IMHO (see dom area)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, terrestrial said:

To be glad a fan's whatever (movie, sportsteam,...) position will be secure for a time is one thing, but that is, what I will never comprehend.

To be 'glad' about a movie 'doing poorly' for the sake of a position in an IMHO absolut unimportant ranking / chart...

Me, I am happy for each cent any movie makes ww, as long as the movie does not promote intolerance and ignorance, pushes to violence against minorities or.... you'll get the drift.

Me, I am happy for each cent any movie makes ww, as long as the movie does not promote intolerance and ignorance, pushes to violence against minorities or.... you'll get the drift.

Are you happy when Coco Cola sells a bottle of coke? Are you happy with Mcdonalds sells a happy meal? Are you happy when a Star Wars doll is sold?

Why on earth should have to be happy when an average person exchanges money with hollywood so they can watch a franchise film I don't like?

You don't like question right? Well I'm sorry but can you answer some here?

2 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

71% audience liked it on Wanda App.

Really low rating, most movies have 90%+

My guess, as Star Wars has never been a big thing over in China, is that a lot of the audience of TFA haven't seen all the previous films and are going into this film new to Star Wars, not totally understanding the relevance of characters the film talks about (Luke Skywalker) and feature. Even subject matter like Jedi, the dark side, Empire, Republic, the force etc. If someone hasn't seen SW before that could all seem like gobbledygook. Where as western audiences are going into the film with the history within the film indented into their memory.

• Like 1

Hmm, Ironsomething, I just realised again you still write repeatedly posts after I wrote some myself.

Did you forget (again) about you being the only one here in BOT being on my ignore list? Just in case it isn't accidently to see the 'you've chosed to ignore content...' line as often after me posting something (in different areas of the forum) as I do....

Hopefully not again some lies about me, see the one time I saw it as the software hick-upped?

Monday Estimates:

SW7 47.5M/392M,$7.2M/$59.6M 

-65% from Sunday, not good.

Detective Chinatown: 15M/650M, has beaten Devil and Angel

MR. SIX 8.2m/832m

Mojin 4.0m/1641m

Sherlock Special: 3.7M/139M, $21.1M

Edited by The Good Olive
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Monday Estimates:

SW7 47.5M/392M,$7.2M/$59.6M