A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

6 hours ago, movieboner said:

Will Aquaman get a release date?

Can the Conjuring franchise get released in China? Imagine the Nun making $100 million in china which would take its cume to $500 million worldwide for a $22 million film.

Definitely. Also there is a chance for Aquaman to open in Dec.

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I thought that for a while but given the cultural gap I decided to take it seriously just in case 😛

Chinese humor. If Trump’s war can force Beijing to make the market be more open and free, I’m OK with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Chinese humor. If Trump’s war can force Beijing to make the market be more open and free, I’m OK with that.

Unfortunately that seems to be the other way around, according to a NYT article Beinjing seems willing to increase the control over private firms and even Chinese subsidiaries of foreign firms..Not set in stone yet but that's not good..

On 10/3/2018 at 11:56 PM, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

Also, I asked about horror films because I'd like to see "Halloween" being released in China. I know it probably won't happen, but still.

I don't think so. The Chinese folks have some serious problems with violent stuff. Even if the new "Halloween" is not uber violent (we know it truly isn't) I think it is still too brutal for China. It took them five movies to get a proper release for a "Resident Evil" movie with the final film and that property comes from Asia. I don't know why they can't handle that stuff...but as long as Michael is not featured in "A More Quiet Place" I don't think he will see China...like ever.

I do hope for starts in South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan. 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, James said:

Does A Star Is Born have any chance of being released in China?

After the ban of Lady Gaga in 2016 because she met the Dalai Lama...unlikely. 

Okay, China has banned like half of all today's living entertainment stars (Elton John, Oasis, Maroon 5, Linkin Park, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber) because they are "badly behaved entertainers". It does not seem SO special to be banned there...but after all I don't think a movie with her in the front row will get a release. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Any update on release dates for this one and other movies?

maybe next week. But most import films in Nov should get the simultaneous release. No local blockbuster have release plans in the next two and half months. Some big Hollywood titles might even get a chance to release in Dec

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Thanks 1