A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They might miss the attention now that the press have stopped bothering about Chinese box office. 

Changjin lake get some fair amount of coverage too from worldwide media. Anyway, China has since become much more self-absorb to care about the attention. Also, they have enough material to celebrate they now not only have two highest grossing film of the year, they are also the biggest cinema market in the world. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LPLC said:

What do you expect for NTTD, TBALC and Dune today ?

My nerves are breakdown. Yesterday was extremely slow. Today I forecast this.

NTTD : ¥27M-¥35M

TBALC : ¥20M-¥25M

Dune : ¥6M-¥10M

Numbers are lows. But, I want them to pass my Projection. Notably, TBALC &NTTD should be around ¥5M (difference) and I want TBALC to pass ¥5600M by end of Sun

Edited by Issac Newton

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I expect with the dollar imploding we will see a crazt shake up in the top gross of all time list.

Yes I just hope Avatar 2 doesn't suck and its box office results aren't slowed down by bad WoM and bad reviews.

2 hours ago, LPLC said:

Yes I just hope Avatar 2 doesn't suck and its box office results aren't slowed down by bad WoM and bad reviews.

With Jim's track record when it comes to sequels (Aliens/T2) I think we can be almost certain it will be at the very least *good*.

• Like 1

Saturday Estimates:

007 No Time To Die : ¥32M (~$5M) / ¥292M (~$45.6M) 9D

The Battle At Lake Changjin : ¥25M (~$3.9M) / ¥5577M (~$871.6M) 38D

The Curious Tale of Mr.Guo : ¥11M (~$1.7M) / ¥17M (~$2.7M) 2D

The Legend of Sealed Book : ¥7M (~$1.1M) / ¥10M (~$1.6M) 2D ↗️

Dune : ¥6.5M (~$1M) / ¥232M (~$36.3M) 16D ↗️

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 1:08 PM, Issac Newton said:

How many flops do we get in a year in China?

Sorry missed this one. Lots and lots of flops each year. Both local and overseas films.

The most high profile flop in my opinion this year is Dynasty Warriors, lol. It has a star studded cast, many familiar faces.. huge budget but within days of being released - because of the Low box office, they released it on streaming sites.

Netflix was silly to buy the overseas rights thinking there is an audience for this; one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Netflix was silly to buy the overseas rights thinking there is an audience for this; one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Netflix just try to build their encyclopaedia irrespective of it's local success or failure while others think about profit/loss

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Saturday Estimates:

007 No Time To Die : ¥32M (~$5M) / ¥292M (~$45.6M) 9D

The Battle At Lake Changjin : ¥25M (~$3.9M) / ¥5577M (~$871.6M) 38D

The Curious Tale of Mr.Guo : ¥11M (~$1.7M) / ¥17M (~$2.7M) 2D

The Legend of Sealed Book : ¥7M (~$1.1M) / ¥10M (~$1.6M) 2D ↗️

Dune : ¥6.5M (~$1M) / ¥232M (~$36.3M) 16D ↗️

The ¥5600M will be reached by Sunday for TBALC. 

Is this Saturday enough to hit at least $65M for NTTD ?

$40M possible for Dune ?

19 minutes ago, LPLC said:

The ¥5600M will be reached by Sunday for TBALC. 

Is this Saturday enough to hit at least $65M for NTTD ?

$40M possible for Dune ?

TBALC will be more like ¥5590M+ might miss ¥5600M but after Sunday, drops will be very awkward. Mon-Thurs like ¥20M-¥25M while ¥5650M+ should be festive by next Sunday. BTW, when will we pass Wolf Warrior 2 (¥5689M) Only Mon drops can answer.

Tomorrow, NTTD should add another $3M. Starting From Mon-Thurs, another $5M, Cumulative until Thrus : ~$54M. By next Sunday, it should be over $58M-$60M. 

Dune drops are interesting, Jungle Cruise might displaced Dune from Fri (OD). Tomorrow, another $600K-$700K for Dune, Mon-Thurs be like another $1M-$2M. Might miss $40M but should be above $37M-$38M before Friday, so that cumulative total by the end of this Sun will approach near $40M.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1