A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

4 minutes ago, nickitaly said:

My goodness!! ?

do not take that seriously ...

I posted it only to show how much different POVs are out there. Some have a reason, like the extreme change in pre-sales... on such a short notice, others not so much...

Maoyan hasn't updated in the last hour. often happens outside of BO hours

CBO is at 88m now. It often reports 10% higher than Maoyan, I find it difficult to use internal multipliers from that site, It could be a good indication that Maoyan is up to 80m though. Im hoping for 100m in presales by 8am and a shot at 300m/$46m OD

• Like 1

Just came back from midnight screening and fans party in Beijing China 

Estimated number came in too:

Star Wars 7 opened with 17.8 million yuan (2.7 million US dollar ) for midnight shows naionwide.
It was the fouth highest midnight result just behind Furious 7 (7.95 million USD), Avengers 2 (4.51 million USD) and Transformers 4 (3.22 million USD) in China.

Saturday will witness more than 80,000 showings, the 3rd foreign films to have such wide release besides Furious 7 and Avengers 2. I will keep you updated.

6669783djw1ezsj42rnj7j20rs0kujw3.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj41lnm6j20rs0kuq7g.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj440i0zj20rs0ku78g.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj469betj20ku0rsgpi.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj4bs9j2j20rs0ku429.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj4a7jlqj20rs0kuady.jpg

• Like 3

Can someone break this down for me please? What is the opening weekend actually looking like in your opinions? 150 million dollar opening weekend from two days seems impossible to me.

13 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Maoyan hasn't updated in the last hour. often happens outside of BO hours

CBO is at 88m now. It often reports 10% higher than Maoyan, I find it difficult to use internal multipliers from that site, It could be a good indication that Maoyan is up to 80m though. Im hoping for 100m in presales by 8am and a shot at 300m/$46m OD

Maoyan is at 72.38m.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Can someone break this down for me please? What is the opening weekend actually looking like in your opinions? 150 million dollar opening weekend from two days seems impossible to me.

Chinaboxoffice is indicating that the prediction of 150m OW is way off.

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

as posted earlier $40m OD is looking more and more likely based on realtime presales compared to all HLWD releases this past year

a typical drop tomorrow should be 25%

$70m OW 2day

the largest day for all films is about $65m. so no, 150m not possible. well theoretically if it had all screens, not 55% of them and many many sellouts

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

150M is impossible. More like 75-80M, if it holds well on Sunday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's impossible for TFA to get a $150M OW. I agree with Olive, the film is unfriendly to general Chinese audiences, just like AOU (maybe slightly better). As a fan, of course I enjoyed the film, but my friends were puzzled by the many details.

IMO, a 352M(17.8+190+145) yuan OW is reasonable, about 53M in dollars.

Edited by nVIDIADriver

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yep for sure JB but theres been a few numbers thrown around here. So just wondering what the weekend prediction is now.

with most openers on sun mon tues, they often call the first 5 6 or 7 days the opening weekend in china. France usually opens on wed and the OS report includes that as a weekend number. This is a rare Saturday opening, could be confusing with a Monday opener. I could see 150m-175m thru next sunday.

presales rising steadily itll, be definitely above 60m, probly in the 70s. Maybe 80s

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nVIDIADriver said:

It's impossible for TFA to get a $150M OW. I agree with Olive, the film is unfriendly to general Chinese audiences, just like AOU (maybe slightly better). As a fan, of course I enjoyed the film, but my friends were puzzled by the many details.

IMO, a 352M(17.8+190+145) yuan OW is reasonable, about 53M in dollars.

I think Baumer meant final total / endresult = not OW

By the many details?

Edited by terrestrial

11 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think Baumer meant final total / endresult = not OW

By the many details?

$110M is possible

Some of my friends were hard to understand the relationship of the characters, because they have never watched a star wars film before.