A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

5 hours ago, firedeep said:

According to an anonymous source, Mermaid is indeed terrible, so is Macao 3. 

Panda still has a chance ?

I hope Mermaid is actually at least average. :(

But lack of pre screening means even the production companies and Stephen Chow lacks confidence in it. (Unless they have some huge surprise for audiences).

Macau 3 is bad.. i guess i am not surprised, 1 and 2 were medicore films. 

Refering back to our previous talks about KFP3's piracy, and worldwide gross.

TS version out on Torrent. =.= I DLed it just to sample it, the quality isn't bad at all. I will still go to the cinemas though, i barely looked at it for 30 seconds. 

Bad move for DWA releasing it in US, South Korea, Russia and China almost 2 full months before its Worldwide release.

Very good hold.  I don't think it will fall as hard as we believe next week. The WOM is apparently pretty good and the monday drop further shows this. Also, one thing I'd say is that I think the effect of competition is being taken as much worse than it should be. Remember the JBM-TMK-MH trio last year? 3 absolutely huge films co-existed and thrived, each of them seriously outperforming expectations. Of course the drop in screen count will cause heavy damage but I believe that increased theater attendance due to the big movies + bad WOM for them may end up somewhat actually helping KFP3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

it's winter holiday for kids.weekday hold will be solid.However,KFP3 only has 1.4% screen on Feb.8 now.

Sw7 was listed at 1% 4 days out from Panda. It got to 5% on Panda OD. They don't list many shows this far out for holdovers. It will be close to actual screens on sunday, but we won't really know until monday. I'd say based on 1.4% today it will be at least 7%.

KFP3 at 12m in pre-sales at 1130pm. Was at 12.5m yesterday at 1am. Tuesday will be very close to flat.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

Sw7 was listed at 1% 4 days out from Panda. It got to 5% on Panda OD. They don't list many shows this far out for holdovers. It will be close to actual screens on sunday, but we won't really know until monday. I'd say based on 1.4% today it will be at least 7%.

KFP3 at 12m in pre-sales at 1130pm. Was at 12.5m yesterday at 1am. Tuesday will be very close to flat.

I hope panda get more than 5%

it's different situation as SW7.More than half showtimes on Feb.8 have already taken.KFP3 has the worst release date ever.If panda finally get 7% showtimes,that's great.dreamwork haven't start presale and market campaign for CNY yet.even 10 days ago,I was very optimistic.10% would be easy.Now,5% is good,8% is great.10%!I'm in the heaven!

PS:check showtimes

2.27% for Panda now.

I still believe Panda can hit 1bn.

KFP3 is the best film of CNY.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Only MK2 had public screenings, it's a horrible movie.

Wait, really? I read some reviews, don't know whether they are paid... that said it is great?

I mean I hope it is bad, because I don't really like the MK series and hope they stop producing them. So the WOM and reviews are bad for MK2?