A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

34 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So Macau 3 will beat TMK2 today? KFP3 will make somewhere between 20-25m? Mermaid should crack 200m and may be even 225m.150m+ for both Macau3 and TMK2.

TMK2 is having a lot of discounted tickets today, discounted IMAX 3D and 3D tickets.. If the number of admissions drop by the same amount per day, for MK2 and Macau3,  MK2 generally has a ticket price advantage in the long run.

Who will be 2nd today will depend on tonight still a close race.

Mermaid is doing well, most movie sites have it as the best reviewed by users but it may be slightly inflated as midnight showings are mostly attended by fans, still overall it will have the best WOM imo.

Good start and good WOM, hope Mermaid can beat Monster Hunt's record. 

Plus: Looking at Malaysia and Singapore cinema websites and general reviews by audiences, Mermaid is best reviewed, both MK2 and Macau3 are considered weak movies, esp Macau 3 since a lot of people had high expectations.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Olive said maoyan numbers are boosted with pre-sales for evening shows. That will limit increases in the evening.

Nope. 900m is the best case scenario and even that could tough with 20m monday.

I know..... normally a film doubles from 2PM (1.8x for openers). But due to evening presales, I'm thinking just 1.35x.

As for KFP3, I think it will cross 900M, but 1B won't happen.

10 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Interesting opinion. A friend just got back from watching it and he liked it. What was wrong about the movie?

I haven't seen it but the trailer looks like another mish mash movie with no story or flow. I've been burned too many times by the latest Stephen Chow movies. Ever since CJ7, all of his movies were boring and lacked a good storyline that used to be present in most of his older movies. I also wish that he stop using poor people/family as part of the background setting. I know why he does it. It just does not appeal to me.

I know this post is like beating a dead horse, but am sorry, cannot hold it inside.

It just amazes and frustrates me so much as a fan of KFP.

IO made 15.3m usd in China (according to BOM) and Minions made 68.5m usd.

KFP3's 130-140m usd looks swell in comparison considering it will make 200-230m less dom than Minions and IO.

But KFP2 itself made 92m in China 2011! More than IO and Minions combined. WTF DW!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Mermaid is adding 7-8 million with every update. 250m should happen

The quantum of increases will slowly start decreasing.....

Normally, whatever is added between 2-4PM, movies add twice more for the rest of the day. Though I'd be a bit cautious and say 1.75x for the openers.

Gross for the last 2 hours

Mermaid: 24.8M

Macau 3: 18.1M

TMK2: 14.1M

KFP3: 2M

So 240-245M for Mermaid, 160M for Macau 3, 150M for TMK2 and 19-20M for KFP3.

Overall day business should be 590M...... might reach 600M.

• Like 2