A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

10 hours ago, pepsa said:

Yeah JW will eat IW screens, the biggest problem for IW is keeping the screens. But if 45m Friday takes 60% well 300m friday will surely make it drop to very small numbers. 

JW and 2 other releases will take 70-75% next friday.

IW will lose just 60% of its shows if Toilet Water and Black Water go down the drain and lose 80% of shows

Coco and Rampage made twice as much as we thought during holiday periods.  Next Saturday could have a great pop

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Toilet Hero will be #1, Love U #2, IW #3

Toilet going to bump decent today. Mite have good holds the rest of the week and keep some shows for DBF.

China loves them Indian movies. It was a top ten grosser last year.

Solo's total mite get beat by Crapola

• Like 1

WOW, great to hear about TEPK or Toilet Hero in China. I loved the movie when I saw it last year.

I read this on the box office site that I follow in India. 

Toilet Ek Prem Katha is a good success in China as the second day shows a solid jump in business which should go near the $3 million. The film is a big investment with the cost of release in China being around $7 million but it should recover and go into the plus. Its a good result for Toilet Ek Prem Katha which is a very rural desi film. Dangal was also a rural social and smashed all records in China but that was mainly because the girl child issue is very relatable in China which was the main reason of such huge numbers.

Bahubali - The Conclusion released a month back suffered losses despite opening a little better then Toilet Ek Prem Katha but that film was not to the liking of the Chinese audience and finished with collections of a little under $12 million and was a losing proposition for the Chinese distributors. The loss was in the region of $1.5 million which was not much but as the films going to China are very few and hand picked by the Chinese, losses are not expected.

Toliet Ek Prem Katha is the top film in China on the second day due to the solid growth in collections beating all local and foreign films.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4005

Really happy for Akshay Kumar, he's one of nicest guys in Bollywood.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Proxima Olive said:

Toilet Hero will be #1, Love U #2, IW #3

Love U #1, Toilet Hero #2, IW #3

I do have a question, why don't they give 16% screens to IW on Sunday (same as it's gross % of today) and 19% for Love U? 

I mean it is clear that they are doing great and that tomorrow they will be nr 1 and 2. 

33 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I do have a question, why don't they give 16% screens to IW on Sunday (same as it's gross % of today) and 19% for Love U? 

I mean it is clear that they are doing great and that tomorrow they will be nr 1 and 2. 

No, Toilet is on top for a while, Maoyan lags behind on updating.

PTA for each movie doesn't differ much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

They dont shift the shows that quickly. IW had the highest rev%/show%  ratio of all movies at 1.45. Itll steadily get shows back through out the week, about 1% per day.  Will be 12% tomorrow and 15% by Thursday with that ratio.  I am thinking 5% on Friday with JW2 open

Saturday Est - June 9th,2018
Toilet Hero
22.9m/38m , +52%
How Long Will I Love U 22.5M/806M, +88% 
Infinity War 18.35M/2,333m, +113% 

Happiness Is Coming 16.7M/31.6m, +15%

Black Water 13.7M/31.5M , -22%
Doraemon the Movie 2018: 10.1M/188M, +246%
A Quite Place 1.7M/215M, +110%
Perfetti sconosciuti 1.56M/48.46M  +119%

Rampage 1.38M/1001M +163%
Ranger Solo 1.1M/104M, +120%

• Like 14
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, POTUS said:

Toilet going to bump decent today. Mite have good holds the rest of the week and keep some shows for DBF.

China loves them Indian movies. It was a top ten grosser last year.

Solo's total mite get beat by Crapola

Ok now I want this. Imagine the headlines!

Solo goes down the toilet 😂

(Formerly) Biggest movie brand in the world loses showdown against a movie about Toilets in the worlds biggest market!

And it could realistically happen. If it drops 30% tomorrow to 16, it will have an OW of about 54. From there it requires only a 2x multi to beat solo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

(Formerly) Biggest movie brand in the world loses showdown against a movie about Toilets in the worlds biggest market!

And it could realistically happen. If it drops 30% tomorrow to 16, it will have an OW of about 54. From there it requires only a 2x multi to beat solo

Maoyan predicts Toilet to make 123M total.

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Toilet Hero beats Ranger Solo :lol:

Edited by scoobysaurus
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pepsa said:

PS at 3am: 2.18m up 12% from yesterday. (sat ps were 1.94m)

Is $7M possible for the weekend? Needs Sunday to stay flat though so I guess not, but would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is $7M possible for the weekend? Needs Sunday to stay flat though so I guess not, but would be nice. 

Even with PS 12% higher I dont think it will stay flat on Sunday. Unless there is a Holiday that I don't know of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Even with PS 12% higher I dont think it will stay flat on Sunday. Unless there is a Holiday that I don't know of.

I figure. Just hoping lol. $6.5M would still be good though, requires a drop of 18% on Sun, or 15M yuan.