A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

On 3/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, UserHN said:

That's for A Wrinkle in Time, a movie directed by a black female director, starring mainly female persons of color. So how is CM connected to Brie's comments about A Wrinkle in Time? Anyway, don't answer me. I don't want to further engage in political discussions.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, Rebeccas said:

I think we just have to accept that it's not because of poor wording or misunderstanding, for some people (white men mostly), inclusion of others means less for them, which is obviously inevitable and they probably know it but they hate that someone is actually saying it out loud. 

I liked Brie's comments on inclusion and diversity is good and needed, especially in a diverse country like USA. But Brie's comments were related to America, For many countries, the American/Western concept of "race" does not exist in their society and the idea of being "white", or "black" or "brown" varies drastically on who you ask.

So I don't know why someone brought up Brie's comments in a thread about China of all things. The movie potentially being deemed "boring" or "not good" will be what will determine wom in Overseas markets and not  Brie's comments at some American gala/awards ceremony.

That said, so it's at an 8.9 so far? it will probably drop a little bit to a mid-8 on Maoyan. I've read some reviews in other Asian and European markets and a general consensus seems to be that the movie is "decent" but nothing "out of this world" (pun intended) just like American reviews. So I'm curious to see the legs on this movie worldwide. 

Edited by Aurora

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Going by Morning numbers, shall go for ¥240mn Approx opening day. Let's wait for some time to finalise it.

Almost the same that the number from Maoyan, it would be great. Higher further faster baby

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Doubling time conventionally around 14:30, iirc?

Since a large portion is of pre-sales, it *might* be bit early.

Edit: I did some calculations. Yeah it should be around that. Besides let's wait anyways.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fake said:

97.4M as of 1PM. Only 7.3M for the past hour. At this pace, it's headed for 200m or so.

Let's see again in a couple of hours.

What's the Maoyan rating now? Did it go down drastically?

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What's the Maoyan rating now? Did it go down drastically?

Still 8.9. The 9-10% minus 1-2% figure has been pretty stable, both slowly bleeding into 7-8% for now.

Edited by Thanos Legion

15 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Yeah. Unless this special day for women behaves dramaticly different than other ones CM is heading for 225-240 mill OD with a better maoyan score than i expected after seeing it. Good news allaround

I was surprised at the Maoyan score. Lol. I was prepared for a sub-8.5 start and then to start dipping until low 8's. Do you agree with Potus prediction of $100M to $110M China OW?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I was surprised at the Maoyan score. Lol. I was prepared for a sub-8.5 start and then to start dipping until low 8's. Do you agree with Potus prediction of $100M to $110M China OW?

I do. With current saturday presales and 8.9 maoyan score i cant see anything under 100 mill atp

• Thanks 1

But the most outstanding number for me today is Green Books.

After loosing 40% screens its still going to have a big friday increase. Captain Marvel looks to have no impact.

Could this really leg out into the 80-100 mill$??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

37 minutes ago, fmpro said:

But the most outstanding number for me today is Green Books.

After loosing 40% screens its still going to have a big friday increase. Captain Marvel looks to have no impact.

Could this really leg out into the 80-100 mill$??

Maoyan is already forecasting over 500m Yuan for it