A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

why ? black panther had the same situation and looked what happend with infinity war 

agreed. I think most people consider team movies as separate from individual so they flock to them even if they didn't like a solo movie. that said, BP was a total non-factor in IW story and CM is supposed to be an actual player in EG. still won't make a difference. 

Edited by Valonqar

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Captain Marvel is clearly getting bad word of mouth in China. Hope it doesn't deter anyone from Endgame! 

Lmao. Fake concern is fake. You’re cute though with you concern trolling. CM isn’t going to affect Endgame.

10 minutes ago, fmpro said:

No

you are savage i dont like it ,still can hit 130-140 mill ?(this market continues to dissapoint me not only with captain marvel though i mean they loved venom i just ..... and i say that as someone who liked it ) 

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Seems like everyday the expectations for what Captain Marvel can do just keeps dropping. Before we know it, Chinese theaters are just gonna drop it in favor of Green Book. 

not suprised its china ,i hope you only talk about china bc from what i know  it doesnt have a problem elsewhere

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

not suprised its china ,i hope you only talk about china bc from what i know  it doesnt have a problem elsewhere

My post was sarcastic anyways but yea its drops have only been "bad" in China from what I can tell 

21 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you are savage i dont like it ,still can hit 130-140 mill ?(this market continues to dissapoint me not only with captain marvel though i mean they loved venom i just ..... and i say that as someone who liked it ) 

It's not like they have any better taste. Venom was pure trash. Kinda funny to watch one but trash indeed. Every market has it's quirks, China as well. Can't wait to see Wandering Earth though.

• Knock It Off 2

34 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Short honest answer. Whats wrong with that? 

Its a bad ugly drop which only happens to movies with bad/horrible WOM. Trust me. I know

And i enjoyed the movie. Gave it 7/10 and rank it somewhere in the MCU middle.

It will never be one of my favorite movies but it contained 3 of my favorite caracters

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Friday/Women’s day in particular) is due to the brand popularity of Marvel plus the tie-in with End Game.

I'd like to know how much Friday was inflated by it being 1/2 day of for all women

9 hours ago, peludo said:

What do you prefer, $50m OW / $135m total or $88m OW / $135m total? The total is the same but it does not mean the same. $135m total is a good result, but the way it is being made is very disappointing.

See above, depends a lot on the reasons for the high OW. I am very sure its brand mostly, but no one ever gave a number how to calculate this at least in theory with a smaller Friday beside Charlie once, but he is no local.

So how much was Friday influenced by IWD and how much would that change the goals for the days after OW?

edit to add: I am interested also if its only 2%, all what's tangible

Edited by terrestrial

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Short honest answer. Whats wrong with that? 

Its a bad ugly drop which only happens to movies with bad/horrible WOM. Trust me. I know

And i enjoyed the movie. Gave it 7/10 and rank it somewhere in the MCU middle.

It will never be one of my favorite movies but it contained 3 of my favorite caracters

i was joking , i know that the china market ist not easy to please and most mcu movies are very frontloaded also i didnt understand what this has to do with your personal taste :) i am not saying it in a bad way ,i just didnt understand  why you said it

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dakus said:

South Korea has had some pretty worrisome drops too. 

this  markets are always frontloaded in case of south corea it was expected bc of the big weekend but in this case unlike china the movie will recover this weekend