A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think in normal times, Avatar would have gone for 75-80M admits, based on how it performed in India, Taiwan and Hong Kong. 

Now COVID did hurt it but no competition gonna help in some recovery. It will reach 30M+ admits, missing around 45-50M. In terms of $, missing $300M or so.

In Normal condition it will do around 5000~5500m in China

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bruce said:

In Normal condition it will do around 5000~5500m in China

naa, 75-80M admits would be 3.6-3.9B.

I did expect it to hit 100M admits few months back, but Asia performance is under Endgame. In between Endgame and Infinity War in almost all Asian markets, some could be lower than IW.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

naa, 75-80M admits would be 3.6-3.9B.

I did expect it to hit 100M admits few months back, but Asia performance is under Endgame. In between Endgame and Infinity War in almost all Asian markets, some could be lower than IW.

well,I think all of this thread people will see how A3 performance in China,that’s will be how A2 doing today with full potential

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

well,I think all of this thread people will see how A3 performance in China,that’s will be how A2 doing today with full potential

sure, that would def give better context.

expecting A3 to drop from A2 in most Asian markets in admits.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

sure, that would def give better context.

expecting A3 to drop from A2 in most Asian markets in admits.

I personally think A2 is not that good movie,it’s great for a ‘nobody’ director,but consider the director is James Cameron,I don’t think A2 is some kind of masterpiece,definitely not Titanic and Terminator 2 level

If A3 can let Cameron back to his creating peak,I’ll see A3 break Worldwide record easily,If A2 ,a not that good movie can gross so much,why A3 with better quality can’t do?

The Whole thing is ,will A3 have same Terminator 2 level quality?Will James Cameron come back to his peak?

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

I personally think A2 is not that good movie,it’s great for a ‘nobody’ director,but consider the director is James Cameron,I don’t think A2 is some kind of masterpiece,definitely not Titanic and Terminator 2 level

If A3 can let Cameron back to his creating peak,I’ll see A3 break Worldwide record easily,If A2 ,a not that good movie can gross so much,why A3 with better quality can’t do?

The Whole thing is ,will A3 have same Terminator 2 level quality?Will James Cameron come back to his peak?

A3 won't be sequel to world's biggest grosser. 
A3 will be following mid A2 not awesome A1.

Of course if A3 turns out awesome, it will reverse the damage of A2, but after A2 I now have doubts on Cameron.

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

A3 won't be sequel to world's biggest grosser. 
A3 will be following mid A2 not awesome A1.

Of course if A3 turns out awesome, it will reverse the damage of A2, but after A2 I now have doubts on Cameron.

You are same as me,before Avatar 2 I have always believe James Cameron is the masterpiece maker,he won’t fail by fliming,he is some kind of dream maker who is the memory of my childhood(Terminator 2 and Titanic,I watch these two film when I was a kid again and again and again),but after Avatar2,I just doubt if Cameron get old or something?How is this film is Cameron’s work?

I still not lost my faith to him,A3 easily hit 3.5B with Terminator 2 level’s WOM,I try to believe him again 

And I also think Avatar 2 won’t compare AEG and AIW,more like Age of Ultron,with not good quality but win a “good” box office,AWOW is just like AOU,If Avatar 3 is good,I believe it will have huge jump like AIW and break record everywhere like first Avatar do,we just need to wait,and please try to believe him again,consider he make good stuff almost all of his entire life

Edited by Bruce

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Not sure if my memory is failing me but I could swear sat was 35M.

Yeah. Im not 100% sure. But the few times i looked it was 20-30% behind sat presales as i recall. I was thinking it was no where near staying flat. But can`t remember the  numbers